• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:56:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

Winter Like Sunday

Started by wsantia1, November 20, 2022, 11:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is cold and windy here today with the current temp at 35 degrees and getting up to a high of 36F. The 15 mph wind gust that we are getting makes it feel a lot colder. At least there is no precip in sight.

I did my water changes and I had a minor flood in the process due to my bad habit of multitasking. I took my eye off of the tank at the wrong time and next thing you know I have water flowing on the floor. It's all cleaned up now. 

While doing the water changes I noticed that my sterbai cories laid some eggs around the tank. I decided to watch a video on you tube to see the best way to hatch and rear these eggs and it looks like if I want hatch and raise them I will have to scrape them off the glass and put them in there own container. I'm getting ready to try to do that in a little while.

The good thing is that once they start spawning, they will continue to spawn on a regular basis with good food and clean water. Around here there is a nice market for Sterbai cories so it will definitely be worthwhile trying to do something with these

I'll post an update once I get some wigglers going.

Have a great day everyone and stay warm.

P.S. I pulled 17 cory eggs and they are incubating in a 2.5 gallon tank. If everything goes well they should hatch in 4 days.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, when you get enough Sterbai kids I would love to buy some from you.  I've been working in the fish room, too.  But I'm still working on cleaning up the mess.  Little by little it keeps getting better and better.  A fish friend who has visited a couple of times says that I should be working on the fishroom rather than the house because the fishroom is the show piece of my house.  I actually agree.

Nothing else new has been going on.  It's a tolerable temperature out side and I can tell that the dogs are wanting me to take them for a run around the neighborhood.  I'll make them happy tomorrow.  Right now, I'm warming up lunch and looking forward to my afternoon pain drugs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

It appears that my fishroom cleaning wore out my old back.  Damn it.  I was having such a good time doing it.  I'm afraid that I won't even do my usual WC this evening.  I'm going to lie down in bed with my dog family instead.  My dogs love napping with me as much as I like napping with them.  The fish will be fine.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 20, 2022, 01:38:01 PM
Willie, when you get enough Sterbai kids I would love to buy some from you.  I've been working in the fish room, too.  But I'm still working on cleaning up the mess.  Little by little it keeps getting better and better.  A fish friend who has visited a couple of times says that I should be working on the fishroom rather than the house because the fishroom is show piece of the house.  I actually agree.

Nothing else new has been going on.  It's a tolerable temperature out side and I can tell that the dogs are wanting me to take them for a run around the neighborhood.  I'll make them happy tomorrow.  Right now, I'm warming up lunch and looking forward to my afternoon pain drugs.

You got t Liz. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Way to go, Willie!...Sterbai are so cool...I have a bunch but they never spawn...

Seems like you overdid it, Liz :( ...rest and get better soon...I'm getting water changes done...waiting on RO to refill...only 50g barrel...

I'm getting more and more restless working with mainly plants...I picked up the group of killies yesterday and want to get them into a "permanent" tank in which I'm not always adding and retrieving plants...but then, I hate to let what money we are making get away!!! :-\. ...I'll figure it out soon...or not!  ;)

A fellow is due here in a few minutes to pick up some plants...guess I better get ready for him..

GOOD DAY ALL...

P. S.  I had a little water mishap today to, Willie...I connected the wrong hose to my RO pump line a poured about a qt of water on the floor behind the RO barrel...hard to wipe up there! >:(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron