• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 04:27:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 268
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 286
Total: 286

Thursday-Once Again

Started by wsantia1, November 17, 2022, 04:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good Thursday morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. Finally I am relatively pain free with medication. Thank you all for the concern. My visit to the foot doctor resolved a lot of issues starting with the foot pain that caused my gait to get out of sync which in turn put extra stress on my back. Of course that made me pretty useless for the last week or so.

Feeling much better today but still have to get another back shot the first week of December. If I wasn't going to be doing a lot of running around for the holidays I would be thinking twice about the back shot but I need to see my adult kids and my grands so that shot will be necessary.

On the weather front we are at 36 degrees and getting up to a high temp of 46 degrees early this afternoon under partly sunny skies. Our temp did get down to 31 degrees a couple of days ago but it wasn't that cold long enough to kill everything off. I actually have some dandelions spouting in my front yard this morning. 

I am going to continue to take it easy today but I will get some of the small tanks cleaned up and I will also try to redo my my airlines which are once again a hot mess. huh

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Willie.  I'm glad to hear that you are finely feeling better.  Please don't bust your butt to the point that you set yourself back.  The hot mess of airlines will still be waiting for you tomorrow.

After 3 days of rest I'm finally back to the pain level I've gotten used to.  What a relief it was to get out of bed this morning and walk with relative ease before I drugged up.  I'll do a little more house tidying today which sounds easy but isn't because it involves standing and standing is what's hard on me.  I'll get my box shipped off and then relax by crusing another feed bag full of beer cans.  I was smart when I put the can crusher up.  I put it low enough so that I could do it while sitting.

It's another cold son of a bitch today.  We'll only hit 48 this afternoon which is cold enough to put me off going into Ellisville and cutting Styrofoam.  Tomorrow it will be 53 which is a bit more tolerable. 

Ron and Barb, I hope you are doing well.  Look forward to checking in later to see what y'all are doing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Thanks Liz. I'm taking it easy today so that I don't have any setbacks. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

Good morning folks...

...it sounds like you 2 are on the mend for awhile...my news is Covid!... Linda tested negative twice for Covid several days ago. We both tested positive last night....so we don't have the flu or a cold! My aching symptoms were gone yesterday and so far today. I just have allergy-like symptoms yesterday and today...itching eyes, runny nose, sneezing, coughing. Linda was doing fine as of yesterday, cleaning, crafting, etc.  I'm about a day or 2 behind her in the way I'm feeling...

My poor fishroom is needing attention...water changes and some moving of fish into different tanks ...I'll try to do some of that today...an order of plants should be arriving today, so I'll process them and then pick and pack orders to take to USPS later today...

Meanwhile, you folks have a good day!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron, it sounds like you and Lucy are on the mend but continue to take it easy. COVID is a bitch . I had it back in January and luckily I was up to date on my vaccinations and boosters otherwise I know it would have been much worse for me.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 17, 2022, 09:54:08 AM
Ron, it sounds like you and Lucy are on the mend but continue to take it easy. COVID is a bitch . I had it back in January and luckily I was up to date on my vaccinations and boosters otherwise I know it would have been much worse for me.

Thanks, Willie...We've had 4 vacccinations...Really it was just a couple days with achey back, neck and shoulders...Tylenol was a big help with that...now I'm not coughing as much but my nose is runny and my eyes are itchy like hay fever...antihistamines are helping some withe those symptoms...

It's driving me crazy just laying around or sitting, but I am taking it easy...I've been reading a lot and the plant work today won't be extreme...

I'm glad I've I've never been a smoker!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Oh my, Covid, back aches, foot troubles, too much work, you all just take it easy until you feel mostly better.  Don't want any set backs.  I am fine, trying to get used to the cold temps here now, and visiting my mom daily.  Nothing new, she is comfortable and clean, all I can hope for anymore.  I will see you all here tomorrow, have a good night if you read this Thurs. eve.
Barb