• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 07:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 134
Total: 135

Happy Hump Day

Started by Barb, November 16, 2022, 08:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi Liz, Ron and Willie!  Hope the 3 of you are feeling a bit better today?  It is sunny, 48 and a bit windy right now.  Would you believe I still have some summer flowers blooming in my gardens?  No hard freeze here yet, but probably coming soon.  My pondfish are hibernating now, just resting at the bottom of the pond, which I can see so clearly now.  I leave my filters and pump running all Winter.  Once in awhile there is a light layer of ice on the pond but never lasts long once the sun hits it, even in real cold temps.

You all have a good day and feel better!
Barb

Ron Sower

The meme describes how I'm feeling this morning... :D at this time I'm thinking I'm a little better than yesterday...still not sleeping well...blowing my nose a lot...my wash this week will be mostly handkerchiefs!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You sounded good and chipper this morning, Barb!...good to see that...I hope Liz and Willie are doing better...

I miss having a little pond...when we lived in Tacoma Lucy and had built built a deck that covered most of our small backyard and made a rectangular area where we put in a 3'x5' pond...each spring she and Emery and I would go buy about 15 or 20 feeder goldfish to put in it and watch them grow thru the summer...a family of raccoons and a great blue heron would get meals from that pond!...we always had a few fish that would survive the winter under the ice...the closest thing I have to that now are the large tanks I have out on the patio...one in which I had the Vienna guppy group grow out...

I got my first batch of the season of live Blackworms in yesterday...a healthy batch with not one dead grey one in it...they won't  ship to me and guarantee live delivery in the summer in this area...next summer o think I will take the risk at least once...

Happy aquariuming everyone....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good evening Barb and Ron.  Thanks for asking...I'm almost back to my usual back pain today.  I took it easy in hopes that by tomorrow I'll be back to what I'm used to.  The can crusher I ordered arrived yesterday.  I mounted it and crushed a bunch of cans.  My sheets are washed now along with some other dirty stuff. Charlotte didn't have to go with dinner and the fish didn't have to do without water chan, ge.

I have 1 box of rams to send out tomorrow, then I'll run to Ellisville for more Styrofoam so I can post more auctions on AB.

My 81 year old SIL in Rio fell again and not only fractured a bone, but screwed up her protistic hip.  She had successful surgery last Thursday.  I'll call her again tomorrow to see how she's doing.  I'm sure she will have a long recovery time. 

That's all for me.  Willie, I hope you're also feeling better today.  Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

You were busy today, Liz!...I hope you feel good tomorrow!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron