• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:43:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 143
Total: 144

Guppies

Started by Ron Sower, November 13, 2022, 04:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Chances are, Willie, those females of yours are gravid...have any pics of the daddy?...if so can you post them here?...

l had a huge population of my Vienna guppies bloom this summer in one of the outdoor tanks...I'm bringing them in and separating males and females...I'm happy with their coloration and true line breeding...these are from the line that Cory brought back from his Germany trip a couple years ago...close to 100 of them!...

I also now have a small group of blue galaxies that are maturing...I'll be separating them too...

Not sure what I'll do with all these since there are so many and I would flood the club with them... ;D...Maybe I'll take them to some pet stores... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

I'm trying to locate a pure-breeding strain of guppies to get started this spring so I can get them multiplying through the summer....

Any of you here in Mugland have any interesting strains?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 31, 2023, 10:43:48 PM
I'm trying to locate a pure-breeding strain of guppies to get started this spring so I can get them multiplying through the summer....

Ron I do have  a couple of interesting strains (Albino Blood Red and Albino Mosaic Cobras) but my populations have struggled mostly due to my being distracted for the last 6 weeks. I'll let you know over the next few weeks if there is any improvements.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 01, 2023, 05:54:51 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on January 31, 2023, 10:43:48 PM

Ron I do have  a couple of interesting strains (Albino Blood Red and Albino Mosaic Cobras) but my populations have struggled mostly due to my being distracted for the last 6 weeks. I'll let you know over the next few weeks if there is any improvements.
Thank you, Willie...! They would be something I would like to work with if you can manage a couple trios for me in the future...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron