• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 02:17:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 183
Total: 183

Sunday greetings!

Started by Barb, November 13, 2022, 06:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning Mug friends!  Sorry I missed you all the last day or two.   My life is mostly my mom now.  But I am OK and just trying to keep very busy.  I walked 2 miles yesterday!!!!  It was during 3 different places, not all at once.  But I did walk 1 mi, downtown at a fun event.  The national Christmas tree headed for DC, was harvested in western NC and stopped here on it's way to DC.  This was it's 17th stop along the route.  There were several thousand people there to see it, I had to park rather far from the park and that is when I walked 1 mile.  I did it though, no pain, just walked slowly.  The huge tree (which I felt very sorry for) was enclosed in a clear plexiglass box on the back of a huge truck.  Lying on it's side, with colored lights all over it.

Liz are you putting all the 57 fish into one box?  Just my opinion, but I think it might be a good thing to put them into 2 boxes because if something bad happens, hopefully one box would make it.  Glad your back was better yesterday!  I bet that steak was great!

Willie  you take it easy with that back OK?  How many tanks do you have up and running now?  I think you have cut back.  I am now down to 2 tanks of Discus, and 1 with Endlers. I don't count a 2 gal. bowl on my coffee table that has a few Endlers, 6 Assassin snails, gravel and Java Moss (All that I kept from the huge amount I recently threw out that was infested with Duck Weed.  I think it is all gone now.  Took work though.  If I see even 1 little plant of it I get it right out.  I went from 1 to a trillion in a couple years.  My goldfish koi pond is doing great with the clearest water it has ever had. 

It is 61 now at 7am but will be in the low 30's tonight.  I need to bring some plants inside today.  Liz, fried green tomatoes are great!  I had a FGTBLT last week at a local place, it was wonderful!
Barb

LizStreithorst

That's a good idea, Barb.  I suggested it to the buyer and he agreed.

Believe it or not, this will be my 3rd back day in a row.  This is a first, for sure.   I decided to let my 'mater plant die.  I don't imagine it could survive 32 degrees unless God laid hands on it.  I sure hope that the stink bugs aren't as bad next spring and summer as they were this past spring and summer.

I'm going to get some cleaning done today and not much else.  It's embarrassing.  I walked into the house and smelled chicken :-[  Hope y'all have something more fun to do.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good Sunday afternoon Barb, Liz and everyone. It is cold and windy here. We are at our high temp of 51 degrees at the moment but the sun is out and that is helping us with the 25 mph winds coming in from the northwest.

I am not doing much today except resting and watching football. Even when I am resting I am still doing something in the fishroom. Today I have one of my hot mag 250s running on my male guppy tank. I like the male tank a lot but I am disappointed that found a male guppy that I had targeted for breeding dead a couple of days ago.

There is a possibility that he did breed with some young females as he was the lone male in a young female tank before I moved him to the all male tank. Those females are having fry now so I have to wait to see the babies. They should be all his kids.

Barb I have over 20 tanks running but most of them have very few fish. My tanks with good fish populations are grow out tanks for my Pitch Blacks a and Guppies.

If I really wanted to I could probably shutdown 5 to ten tanks. Since those tanks are being filtered by sponge filters driven by my AL-60, it is are not really costing me much of anything to run them. I have the heaters and lights turned off on those tanks and they can accommodate fish on short notice so I leave them running.

Time for the game. Wishing you all a great day.   

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Willie, if you still plan to go visit Hans, I suggest you keep one of the tanks warm, 86 or so, and well filtered, so if you just have to get a few Discus babies you will be ready!! They will be very hard to resist!

Ron Sower

Good afternoon friends...

I'll stop complaining about our mid-60s temps here...you guys are getting ready for a REAL winter ;)

Lucy has been sick with a cold and yesterday she was almost bedridden, she felt so bad...we watched a lot of football!...been doing the same today...she's improving...I've got drainage, coughing, and aches today, which is why I haven't done any physical activity to speak of...I do want to do a WC on the rainbow tank...we'll see if I'm up to it tonight....

I have been communicating with a local guy who is placing the largest order we've received...I'll add it onto my regular order tonight with my major supplier...I also reworked the names of plants on our website today, hopefully making it easier to find what you want...let me know what you think.... Tropicalbays.com

It was good to see you back here, Barb...

Who's got plans for thanksgiving?...we're going to spend a few days in Sedona...it's such a beautiful place...
And Liz, 3 days in a row...yay, hooray!...
Willie, I'm gonna respond to your guppy comments in another post...

Y'all have a great evening!... ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron