• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:01:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111

Saturday, winter on the way

Started by LizStreithorst, November 12, 2022, 01:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's tolerable out now, but tonight it will go down to 31 and tomorrow it will get to 29.  I'm not sure if I'm gonna bother trying to save my mater or not.  It will be cold at night all week long, but warm up to the 50's later next week.  I actually think I'll just be having fried green tomatoes rather than try and fail to get some wonderful ripe ones.

At least, with the new thermostat, I can wake up to a nice warm house after having been snuggled up with dogs under the electric blanket all night.  I've never had any "smart" stuff and I never thought I would, but I like this thing.

It's another very good back day today.  Usually by this time my back is calling out for pain meds.  It's nice to have something of a break from constant pain.

I celebrated  my windfall fish sale by buying a pretty T-bone steak at the Corner Market.  I'm stressed to the max about sending out that huge order Monday, though.

I guess  that's it for me.  Except for the fact that winter is coming soon, life is good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz  and everyone. Yes winter will be coming soon and while we did hit 70 degrees again the temp will plunge 30 degrees tonight and tomorrow's high temp will be 51F. The average high temp for this area at this time of year is 58 degrees.

I spent the morning doing fishroom work and this afternoon enjoying what I think will be the nicest day that we will have for a while.

Liz I am glad to hear that you are pain free today. I was feeling pretty good until I did the water changes and now my back is hurting. Maybe after some rest I'll be alright.

That's all I have for now folks. Wishing you all a great evening.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.