• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 11:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 122
Total: 123

Wonderful Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, November 11, 2022, 01:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Poor Shawn spent 2 1/2 hrs installing my new smart thermostat.  When he installed the same type in his house he just put it in and it worked.  Mine was a chore.  God, I'm thankful for kind neighbors.  I have a feeling that my best friend neighbor, Jack told Shawn that after he died that Shawn should take care of his family.  Even though I'm not blood, Jack kind of adopted me in to their family.  For whatever reason, I am thankful for him.

Tomorrow morning when the temp will go down to 33, the heat will come  on automatically at 6 am so that I will be toasty warm when I roll out from under my electric blanket.  Who could ask for anything more?

After Shawn got done, I went to the feed store where the fish paid for food for Charlotte and the dogs.  They will also pay to fill my propane tank, which will be pretty soon.  I'm sure that propane will cost a damn fortune now. 

The old back is only doing fair today.  I need to take my weight off it as much as I can.  I want to not be miserable when I bag, pack and ship 57 Rams Monday.

Ron, one of my customers is wanting to buy some plants.  Please give me your email address so I can send it to him.  I know that I should already have it.

Time for some lovely shrimp fried rice and then a lie down in bed so I'll be able to do my WC   I felt good yesterday.  I tried not to wear my back out, but anything involving standing wears it out.  I stood to crush 4 feed bags of cans and doing prep for cooking.

Happy Veterans Day Barb and all other vets.  Barb, I'm sure you visited with Bill.  How are your toes holding up?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz, glad you have heat now! And $$ to buy propane and animal feeds.  All important stuff.  Good luck packing up all those fish! Hope it goes smoothly.  I just fed my Discus and saw the 3 starving ones actually pick at the floating fdbw.  Hope they continue.  I will let you know. 

My cut toes are much better today and I am keeping them well covered and anti bio on them.  I have had foot infections before so will do all necessary to avoid that again.  Yes, I did go to the cemetery, even in the hurricane wind and rain, which wasn't bad at all here, took flowers.  Every grave in the vet cemetery had a flag on it, a stirring sight to see thousands of flags waving in the wind. I think I heard there are over 5000 there, so far, and lots of room for more.

Happy Veteran's Day to you vets here, maybe I am the only one?  Not sure.  Tomorrow I am going to my mom's nursing home to help a group of ladies who are having a vet recognition event for the 8 vets who live there, and I hear none of them have family or visitors.  I am going in daily now.
Barb

wsantia1

Good evening everyone. Happy Veteran's Day to all vets. Barb, I am also a vet, U.S. Army 1971-1974. I enlisted when I was only 17.

It's been raining on and off all day with the high temp of 71 degrees. My inside the house temp is 75 in the main part of the house and 77 degrees in the fishroom/basement.

I've been working in the fishroom a lot today. I was supposed to do water changes but I got side tracked. I usually like to get my water changes done in the morning because I get less distractions when I do them at that time. I also can get through the water changes without stopping to take Kobe out at that time.

I'm supposed to be going out to dinner tonight at a local place called Taste of New York. It is a Jamaican restaurant and they usually have alive band Saturday and Sunday.  Just like New York the parking is terrible.  mim mim mim

Have a great evening everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello folks!...it was another clear and cool day here in the desert land...they cancelled all the Veterans Day activities in our community because so many ppl were calling in sick with Covid...

But even though I didn't participate I wish all you veterans had a good day and I do appreciate what you've done for our country...

Liz...I'm at rondsower@gmail.com...thank you for the lead...I only had a few orders today...I'm working on a special one to place for a guy this week...my plant order hasn't arrived yet and should have been here Thursday...guess the hurricane screwed up FedEx... >:(

I went to the dermatologist earlier this week and she took a biopsy of a place in my leg...got a call today telling me that it's squamous cell carcinoma...going to have more removed Dec 6 and it should be alright...in my youth and young adulthood I was in the sun a LOT...So now I gotta pay close attention!...

Looks like tomorrow I'll be taking some sponge filters to one of the killi club members since I can't go to the meeting tomorrow night...they're for the clubs "store" table...Lucy and I are going to a play tomorrow night...also going to talk with a rep about Medicare insurance plans in the morning...some of the ppl in here say he's got a plan thru a statewide hospital group that is better than the Humana Advantage Gold we're on now...Lucy will be at Bunco...

When you read this, I hope all of you have had a good night's rest and are chipper and feeling good...happy aquariuming!...  ;)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ghonk

Wow i didn't even realize yesterday was Veterans day,that's what i get for living in a bubble most of the time. ;D
Thanks to all the brave men and women that have served. 
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon