• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:57:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 105
Total: 105

Tuesday Hello

Started by Barb, November 08, 2022, 05:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody!  Go vote if you have not yet.  After the last several days feeling like summer here, now it is much cooler and we wait for the hurricane to come over us on Thurs or Fri.  Nov hurricanes are rare.   Looks like this is the year for one.l  But my garden does need rain, just not the high wind.  I will let you know how it goes.  My pond will like the big wc it will get with rainwater.  I have the pond surrounding area, all gravel over pond liner, dug so the rain all funnels into the pond, and a French drain to direct the overflow out to the huge pond back behind my lot.  Around here the land is so flat water must be directed where to go.  I have gotten pretty good at telling it where to go, LOL. Have a good day you all.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It is a windy and cool day here with the current temp at 47 degrees and the high temp getting up to 59F. We will be getting remnants of that hurricane in the Atlantic later this week and by the track of the storm it looks like the remnants will travel directly over us. After the storm passes a cold front will move it from the northwest bringing in the colder weather that we normally have at this time of year.

Today is an easy day for me. I will finally put away the outside water hoses and shut down the outside spigots. The outside work be on pause until just before Spring returns.

Not much to do in the fishroom today so I can get ahead of some of my normal maintenance items like cleaning lids and my least favorite task of squeezing sponges. huh

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in later.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I folks.  I'm afraid this another very bad back day.  Everything is an effort.   I got a pair of Black Rams shipped and took a feed bag full of beer cans up to Judy's can crusher.  Voted, came back home and did a tiny bit of house work.  I'm still able to do animal care.  Anything more is hard to impossible.  Right now I'm about to lie down to give my back a little respite.

The weather here is just like Barb's weather except the hurricane will miss me.  It will get cooler every day and Saturday the bottom will fall out.  It will be 32.  I'll have to cover my 'mater again.  It's full of 'maters but I'm afraid that they will not have time to ripen before it gets cold and stays cold.  I hate winter.

My new thermostat will be here tomorrow.  I'll be able to talk to it or set it on my phone.  I almost can't use my central heat now.  It cycles on and off so fast that the duct work doesn't have enough time to warm up.  Shawn will put the new one in for me, but I'm not going to ask him to install the gas heater in the fish room.  He messed up his knee the other day so I won't ask him to do anything that's not necessary until he heals. 

It's nap time now.  At least I can be comfortable in bed with my canine family.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

You will never guess what arrived from UPS.  It was $1000 in cash from that guy who I decided was messing with me.  Holy Moly!  I'll be very busy on Monday bagging and packing fish.  This is totally amazing!

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 08, 2022, 02:09:26 PM
You will never guess what arrived from UPS.  It was $1000 in cash from that guy who I decided was messing with me.  Holy Moly!  I'll be very busy on Monday bagging and packing fish.  This is totally amazing!

That's great news Liz. I'm glad the guy came through. With the money in hand I'm sure Monday will go smoothly for you.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Thank you for being happy for me, Willie.  I'm on cloud 9.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 08, 2022, 02:09:26 PM
...WOW, Liz! That's fantastic!...good luck with getting all the fish out!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Hi Muggers!...

Kind of a different day for me...went to dermatologist this morning...she took a biopsy of a blister like thing on my leg that's been concerning me...all else is good...then did my client's Peacock tank after that...

Rest of the day I just putzed...we watched 2 movies tonight on tv...

Sounds like winter is setting in...hope you guys don't freeze...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron