• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:26:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 171
Total: 171

Sunday - Return To Standard Time

Started by wsantia1, November 06, 2022, 07:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Well we are back on standard time (except Ron) and of course I got up way too early. Now I have to adjust Kobe's feeding schedule and that is a PITA because he is always a PITA when it gets close to feeding time. huh

We have another beautiful day on tap but I am afraid that the good weather will be coming to an end in another day or so. It is currently 66 degrees and sunny here and we are going up to a high temp of 77 this afternoon. Like yesterday it will be another wonderful day to be outside.

I think that I found the source of what's tripping one of my circuit breakers in the fish room and unfortunately it appears to be my Alita-60 pump. I bought this pump from Carol in Florida for 75 bucks about 10 years ago. She rebuilt it and I got a good run from it.

I ordered a new one and it will be here on Tuesday. I was going to get a pump from Jehmco but a similar pump would have cost me more and I would have had to pay postage so I chose to stick with what the brand I've been using for years. It will just slot right in where the old one is and I think that it will likely be stronger that the pump I have there now. I'm thinking that I will try to rebuild the old pump but the rebuild kits are costing a lot more these days so we will see. It will make a great backup pump once I replace the innards.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check on you later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Willie.

I'm so thankful for the good rain we had yesterday.  It's been so dry that the water had all absorbed into the soil by this morning.  All I have to do today is make some boxes.  I have 3 going out next week.  Aquabid sales have slowed some.  I'm selling more single pairs than multiple pairs at once, but as long as the fish are selling, I'm OK with it.

I have my second of 4 loads of laundry in the washer.  My garlic has really shot up since the rain.  Even though I had watered with the sprinkler, real rain from the sky makes the plants much happier.

The deer have been out in my pastures every day now for weeks.  One doe has twins every year and this year in no exception.  It's fun when there are several mamas with babies in the pasture.  The babies play run run back and fourth.  They buck and jump and look like they're having the time of their lives.

That's it for now.  I'm glad your feeling better, Willie.  I am, too.  But it's only because I've been doing a lot of nothing.  Barb, have those damn fish started eating yet?  I sure learned a lesson from your shipment.  I sent of 10 fish to a guy 2 weeks ago, but now I found out that once the fish get to 2" they need to go in 3 mil bags.  I'm sorry that I had to discover this with your batch.  Now that I know, I will not make that mistake again. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello group,...

No time change here; same as Az... fewest clouds this morning than all week...another beautiful day coming up!...I returned the rental car yesterday and Ubered back to the hotel ...we took the free trolley to Whaler's Village to get açaí bowls and coffee there at our favorite coffee shop, then did some shopping...by the time we were tHrough with that it was lunchtime so we walked down to see the new restaurant at the hotel we've patronized over the years...it's know as "Hawaii's Most Hawaiian Hotel"...the restaurant is on the waterfront and has a beautiful view...we made reservations for dinner there tonight...

I talked to Stan yesterday and the fish are fine...he showed our neighbor from across the street my fish room...he's just returned from Oregon the week before we left...I thought he'd had the tour before he went home for the summer...

I finished my novel night before last, so I downloaded "Crime and Punishment" on my iPad to read on the flight home tomorrow....I started reading it last night and told Lucy that I'm glad I didn't have to read it in high school or college because it was the boringest first 2 chapters of any book I've started and put down!!! ;D So I've moved on to a more mordern-day mystery by Dean Koontz...!

It's nice to know that you guys are feeling better today and I hope you can hang on to that feeling for a while...how are you doing, Barb?...

Have a good rest of your day friends, and I'll be back here Tuesday...our flight leaves early tomorrow and arrives close to midnight!...the 3 hour difference hits harder going home! ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

HI all, I want to go to Hawaii with not a care in the world for several days. But not to happen.  Liz my baby discus are still not eating, but they swim with the others and look good.  Maybe they eat something when I am not looking, I hope.  I feed the tank about 6 meals a day so they have lots of foods to choose from.  Nothing alive or frozen and don't plan to.  They can live or die, their choice.

I am OK, just dealing with the coming death of my mom.  I am contacting Hospice tomorrow, they will take care of her in the nursing home, I hear.  She is unresponsive now. 

Weather here is lovely, even got hot in the house today, but I refuse to turn the AC back on.  I did have to do a lot of hose watering, no rain for a long time and i have things that need it.  Rain is better than hose water, Liz is right!  See you all tomorrow,
Barb

Ron Sower

What you're going through is tough, Barb...it hasn't been that long since you lost Bill...Lucy and I have you in our thoughts....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on November 06, 2022, 04:42:59 PM

I am OK, just dealing with the coming death of my mom.  I am contacting Hospice tomorrow, they will take care of her in the nursing home, I hear.  She is unresponsive now. 

Barb

Barb I am so sorry to hear the update on your mom. My thoughts are with you.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.