• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 08:53:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 244
Total: 245

Bad news. Fish related

Started by LizStreithorst, November 01, 2022, 06:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's easier for me to break it to you than Barb. The bags of all the Discus were out of air and water.  3 had a little of both.  3 had none of either.  The survivors are in bad shape but are still alive.  2 of the 3 are swimming around.  The 3rd is still hiding behind the sponge filter. 

I posted this in the "pet" forum because these fish were so special to both Barb and me that they are almost like pets.  Tonight I'll be thinking of you, and the fish, Barb.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Wow. I'm so sorry that this happened to you and Barb. Hopefully the survivors make it. Sad for the baby discus too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

That's tough to handle....so sorry for both of you...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good news, the 3 survivors will make it!!  I have them in an ICU tank, with special treatments that Liz and I came up with.  So far so good.

ghonk

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

What a relief to hear that this disaster wasn't a total loss.  Barb, it sounds like you are getting the fish bug again.  That makes me so happy.  For a long time you were off fish.
Always move forward. Never look back.