• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:44:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

Another Nice Thursday - Here!

Started by wsantia1, September 29, 2022, 12:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. We have another nice day going here but my thoughts are with the  people of Florida who have a mess on their hands.

I just got finished the water changes that I've been getting to for 3 days. The fish are happy, I am happy and tomorrow the turtle will be happy when I do that tank. I still have to do tank wipe downs but that's more for me than the fish. Some tanks I never have to wipe down, other tanks.... huh

Tomorrow I will finish up my fall yard work if it doesn't rain. We are supposed to get some rain from the hurricane but nothing else.

Wishing you all a great day and that you stay safe and dry.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, as of now, 4pm Thurs. the rain and wind are here already.  Worst to be Friday night and all weekend.  But depends on the track of Ian which could change.  Had to cancel my weekend trip, to the center of NC to visit my family, since Ian will go right through their area and to the west.  Here just the outer bands, which will be bad enough.  Have my yard all prepared.  At least my pond will get a good wc!  Courtesy of Ian.  Will let you all know how it goes here.  Hope you just get a little left over rain Willie.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I didn't even think that it was going to touch on you until tomorrow.  I should have looked at a weather map or googled New Bern's weather. 

Today was quite cool until the middle of the afternoon when it warmed up beautifully.  I finally discovered why my scooter had been leaving me in the lurch.  That was a huge relief.  They do make an all terrain one that is built much more strongly.  A charge lasts for 42 miles and it can go up to 15 mph.  But I need to use what I have.  It does what I want and won't cost me $3000.

I decided to get my Covid booster first and then get my oil change on my way back home.  I thought I heard that to get this booster I wouldn't have to show my little white card (which I lost).  I was mistaken.  I will have to go to the Health Dept. to get a copy of my damn card.  I couldn't go then because I had an appointment with BJ for an oil change.  BJ asked if I could come back tomorrow.  He has never done that before. 

I wasn't mad at the vaccination place.  I wasn't mad a BJ.  It was annoying to drive to town and home for nothing.  So I made it better by stopping at the beer store for a fill up mim

Since I have to go to the health department for the damn card I'll have to do it early when my body is at it's sorry best.  I've never been to the health department before.  I'm going to take my walker with me in case I have to do a lot of walking and standing on line. I imagine they'll have the booster there, too, so I won't have to go back to the pharmacy for it.

Have nice end of the day and sleep tight.  Don't let the bedbugs bite :P

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Today was "Get My Damn Taxes Done Day"...I had wanted to finish them up last month but was just too busy or not motivated enough...Lucy worked on her cards for the next 2 classes until she started feeling queezy-puny right before lunch, and has been dozing off the rest of the day...the taxes kept me busy all day...then we watched the football game tonight...

I'm believing the female PB discus is sterile...she's spawned twice now with the orange melon and the eggs turn white in a day's to 2 day's time...

Dean Tweeddale is passing through Phoenix tomorrow night and staying over in a hotel...a bunch of us are going to meet him for sushi dinner... it'll be good to see him again...he's really a personable likable fellow!...

I'm really sleepy tonight so am heading to bed now...sweet dreams, all!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Oh...and Barb...hunker down good and don't blow away...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 30, 2022, 12:08:15 AM
Oh...and Barb...hunker down good and don't blow away...!

Barb, in addition to your rain you have steady 30+ mph winds. Please be very careful and give us an update when you can.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.