• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:19:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

Terrific Tuesday!

Started by Barb, September 27, 2022, 12:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi folks!  For me it is terrific, because my cat Lucy, after a full and expensive checkup. has no diabetes, cancer or thyroid disease.  She has slow working kidneys and all she needs is different, expensive food.  For renal problems.  But I will put all 4 of my elderly lady cats on it.  I love them enough to spend the extra money on their food. Dry and wet.  I am so relieved!  I would have bet money on diabetes, and the vet thought so too until he looked at her blood work.

Ron that is great about your spawning discus!!  And all those many tanks to care for!  Willie, I hope your back pain will ease off soon,  and Liz don't work too hard!  Thank you all for thinking good thoughts about my Lucy. She will be 13 in Jan.  My other girls are 11, 11 and 14, or so.  Willie how old is Kobe?  Liz how old is your cat? 
Barb

wsantia1

Good afternoon Barb and everyone. Barb I am so happy to hear that your Lucy is not in as much trouble as you thought. Yes that medical food is expensive but for me it was well worth it and Kobe loves his Z/D food.

Barb, Kobe will turn 13 on January 17th.Do you have an exact DOB for Lucy? Maybe they were born on the same day. mim

It is a beautiful weather day here. It is currently 72 degrees under a mixture of sun and cloud with a light breeze. There is no rain in sight and it will be like this for the next several days. The only problem now is that the sun sets a lot earlier now. huh

I'm getting ready to go play in the fish room. I've been trying to get finished in the fishroom early these days so I try to close everything down by 7:00 pm. Of course that is not always possible. 

Wishing you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Barb, et. Al...

Great news about Lucy!l...I'm glad for you and her ;) |^|

There are still a few discus eggs on the intake tube this morning...probably won't last much longer...I started a serious brine shrimp hatchery Sunday and at the fishroom temp of about 74, they haven't starter to hatch yet...I know it takes longer at the cooler temps...

I've started moving some of the plants from the outdoor tanks indoors now...the shorter day length is affecting their growth...I'll continue to experiment with some of them outside thru the winter use ng lights and heaters...these outdoor tanks are fantastic for growing snails for my 2 puffers, Patrick and Patricia!...

I'm waiting on a phone call to take care of some personal business, but it's later than our appt for it, grumble, grumble...until then I don't want to get started in any project...wish they'd hurry...waited long enough...I'm gonna call them now...

Good day and happy aquariuming to all... :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Barb, I know how relieved you must be about Lucy.  It's strange.  As dogs age they have heart problems.  With cats it's always the kidneys.  With me, it's my spine.  With the men in my family it has always been the heart.  The change of food should help a lot.  Are you feeding KD?  IME cat's aren't fond of the dry stuff but they'll eat the wet.  With older cats it's always a good idea to feed a kidney diet.

My cat, who has a name, but I call Cat since she's the only one, is 13 now.  She still seems symptom free.  It's strange though that she spends so much time inside now.  She always preferred to be outside most of the time.  I've got her set up in the office with her food and treats are out of reach of the dogs.  I made sure that the litter box is also out of reach to them.  Dog's favorite treat is cat poo.

It actually got chilly last night so this morning I put on my winter bed clothes.  This morning I made a seafood chili with lump crab meat, lobster meat, and shrimp.  I'm having it now and boy is it ever good.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Lucy was born 1-26-2010.  What is KD food?  Is that a brand?  All, 4 cats like the new "kidney" food, was worried they might not.  It is cold here this morning, Wed.  Hope you all have a good day!

LizStreithorst

KD is a specialty food made by Science Diet.  Most veterinarians carry it.  KD actually stands for Kidney Diet.  Science Diet makes one for overweight dogs, heart problems and other conditions that I don't remember.
Always move forward. Never look back.