• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 09:10:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

Monday. Start of a new work week

Started by LizStreithorst, September 26, 2022, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon friends.  This looks like an easy week for me since I only have one box to ship out.  I'd have already gotten it done, but I forgot to take my heat pack out before bed last night like I should have.  I did it this morning.  I'll get to it soon, though.  I don't want to miss UPS.  I've had lots if queries about the fish.  It's surprising to me that more have not sold, but I'm not worried.

Since I couldn't bag fish I made a beer run early.  I stopped by to see Judy and critique my work on Franky Wayne.  Judy keeps doing better after Covid, thank God.  We talked about all kinds of little things that we both love and have to make the best of living a rural life.  I wasn't pleased with the job I did on Franky Wayne.  Judy is happy and the dog is prancing around showing off, so he's happy.  I should be happy enough with that, but it hurts to discover that I am not the groomer I used to be.  We ended up my visit by talking about Jack.  We both got teary eyed.

I'd better get to work now before I drink more beer.  I hope the poor fish don't cook in transit, but I'm pretty sure they'll be OK.  If not I can replace them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. It's a sunny 75 degrees here but it feels a little warmer than that even with the respectable 19 mph wind gusts blowing through here.

I'm just waking up from a nap that I fell into after having some lunch. If my back didn't start to bother me I would still be asleep. huh

This morning morning I had my third Covid booster along with my Flu shot. I had them both in the same arm because if I am going to be in pain tomorrow I don't want the pain in both arms.

Hopefully I won't be in too much pain tomorrow but I somehow doubt that. At this moment I don't feel any pain at all.

It's about time I pay a visit to the fish room today. I was down there at 6:30 this morning and haven't been back. 

Hopefully you guys will all have great days. Check you later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm lucky in one way, Willie.  The only time I don't have back pain is when I'm asleep.  I got over feeling guilty about taking a nap a long time ago.  If my body tells me what it needs, that's what I'll do.

I got my single box of fish shipped.  A guy who is interested in a single pair of Pitch Blacks wanted to know more about the Discus, too.  I sent him a pic so we'll see if that goes anywhere.  I told him that I don't sell Discus in groups of less than 6 because they need friends.  I also mentioned that they are still babies and need TLC to do well.  I prefer to sell my Discus on Simply.  At least I know that folks that joined there have picked up a good bit of knowledge.  But...I've become a fish seller...I like it and I hate it.

I have fed both the horse and fish breakfast and lunch.  It's time for my lunch now.  After that, it will be time for my nap.  Being old is sure'nuf a drag.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, and Ron later on.  Sorry I missed yesterday and Sat.  I have had so much to do lately and now that my pain is gone I am trying to really get things done.  Have done a lot of driving recently and walking with friends.  Did that this morning then right to PT where they told me I was doing too much in one day.  But I feel fine.  Although I may fall asleep tonight at 9, LOL.  Usually I am up until 11 or later.

My mom is getting extremely frail and feeble.  I go see her 2 or 3 times a week.  I am just so thankful she is being well cared for, and there is no way I could do what the nursing home does.  They are saints to do the jobs they do there. 

I am very worried about taking my cat Lucy to the vet tomorrow morning for a full checkup.  She is an elderly lady now, acts just fine but has lost a lot of weight in the last 2 mo.  Has gone from 10 lbs to less than 8.  I love her dearly and she is my only lap cat and sleeps next to me, none of the other 3 do.  She became very attached to me when Bill died.  She didn't do these things before.  Will let you know what the vet says.  I hope it is just an age thing. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

I will keep fingers crossed for her, Barb.

wsantia1

Barb, wishing the best for your mom and lap cat.
Willie

Ron Sower

Hello folks!...

I hope your Lucy can get better, Barb...we sure hate to see our pets get sick...Stan's and Barbara's cat, Maggie, has something going on with her pancreas now...she is also a very sweet cat...I really like her...

The discus are spawning again tonight :D...funny thing is that when I got rid of the 5th one, the female PB is paired with an orange melon now...and...they are spawning at the other end of the tank...go figure! huh huh huh

I did some work in the fishroom today while Miss Lucy did a card class...I put a new shelf on the wall above the 125...I removed 2 narrow wooden ones and replaced with a longer wider wire shelf...now I think I can put some 5s or 2.5s with killies up there...now I just need to locate some 2.5s...

Ya know, Willie...that back pain might be from the shots...hope you don't get worse tomorrow...and hope yours is less tomorrow too, Liz...

You guys take care...goodnight!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 27, 2022, 12:35:26 AM

Ya know, Willie...that back pain might be from the shots...hope you don't get worse tomorrow...and hope yours is less tomorrow too, Liz...

Ron, I'm not sure which shots you are referring to with respect to my but the back shot is indeed wearing off so the pain is starting back up.

My arm feels surprising good after having the Covid Booster and Flu shot at the same time in the same arm. I only feel it if I touch it and my arm is unrestricted in movement.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 27, 2022, 05:31:26 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 27, 2022, 12:35:26 AM

Ron, I'm not sure which shots you are referring to with respect to my but the back shot is indeed wearing off so the pain is starting back up.

My arm feels surprising good after having the Covid Booster and Flu shot at the same time in the same arm. I only feel it if I touch it and my arm is unrestricted in movement.
|^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron