• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:49:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Sunday

Started by Ron Sower, September 25, 2022, 11:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Good day to ya!...

Well, we're home and getting rested...there was a large birthday party for one of our friends in the clubhouse last night and we went...she's 80 and doesn't look nor act it!...I hope I can be that spry in 4.5 years from now!...

Yesterday morning, I don't know what got into me...after eating my normal cereal I stood up and decided to go into my bedroom and clean!...I won't get into how much dust there was, LOL...! I even cleaned the blind slats...then I hung my collection of ceramic and other media fish art on my walls... |^| |^| |^| it's about time...!

About noon the fellow that bred the spotted Congo puffers contacted me to come and get some young CPDs...so I went over and brought a bunch of fry and subadults back and situated them in a 5g with subwassertang that he sent with me too...also he gave me a shrimp net and said to get some wild mixed neos if I wanted them...so I did!...

Today I think I'll try to get the drip irrigation system going if it's not too hot...nope...just looked at the forecast and it's going to be 100...I'll wait til fall gets here...its 88 out there now...I'll find something to do or fix!

Have a great day folks!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

A feel good moment!...

Yesterday I was in contact with a fellow a year older than I who had approached our club to donate what turns out to be a 55g tank with a a beautiful stand and several beautiful goldfish...he is no longer able to care for them properly... I put the info out to our board and we decided that there is one member in our club that stands out as a very good goldfish keeper...the VP and I came up independently with her name...she is now going to acquire the donation of a $2k setup and fish...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron and everyone. It's a balmy 76 degrees here but we will with Thorms in the next 2 hours if the weather forecasters are correct.

I've been relaxing most of the day so far but I did go out for breakfast with a group of my neighbors this morning. We decided that we will make this a monthly event. Today there were 6 of us (2 guys) and the the other guy picked up the tab. The rest of us took care of the tip. I suppose that the next event I will pick up the tab especially since it will be the other guy's wife's birthday.

Yesterday I went to another neighbor's birthday party and I had a great time. There was a lot of food and drink and I could have taken some home with me but I already have a lot of food in the house cooked and ready to eat.

Have a great day and I'll peek in later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Yesterday and today we have had the world most perfect weather.  Windows open, no AC needed day or night.  It has been terribly dry, though.  There will be no rain for the foreseeable future.

I got going early and I planted my garlic.  I like to do things soon after my morning meds kick in 'cause that's when I'm at my best.  I planted 24 big big beautiful cloves.  There were two varieties.  Purple garlic which is my favorite because it's so strong, and Elephant that has very large cloves and a milder flavor.

Judy brought Franky Wayne for a haircut later.  Is is getting better but she is still very tired.  Her senses of taste and smell are back.  It was last week when Shawn mowed for her that she could realize that she was smelling the beautiful aroma of freshly cut grass.  She said that she'd almost forgotten how heavenly freshly cut grass smells.  Grooming is no longer easy for me.  It is no longer second nature to me either, which was very disappointing to me.  But at least I can still do it and get good results.  Jack and Judy and their daughters and their husbands have been so good to me. 

Since then I've mostly been sitting on my ass enjoying the day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 25, 2022, 01:34:19 PM
Good afternoon Ron and everyone. It's a balmy 76 degrees here but we will with Thorms in the next 2 hours if the weather forecasters are correct.

I've been relaxing most of the day so far but I did go out for breakfast with a group of my neighbors this morning. We decided that we will make this a monthly event. Today there were 6 of us (2 guys) and the the other guy picked up the tab. The rest of us took care of the tip. I suppose that the next event I will pick up the tab especially since it will be the other guy's wife's birthday.

Yesterday I went to another neighbor's birthday party and I had a great time. There was a lot of food and drink and I could have taken some home with me but I already have a lot of food in the house cooked and ready to eat.

Have a great day and I'll peek in later.

...you party animal, you!... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron