• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:26:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

Really Frigid Saturday

Started by wsantia1, September 24, 2022, 06:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It was 43 degrees when I got up this morning. I turned on the heat for the first time since early May to take the chill out of the house but also to make sure the heat is working. All is well as far as the heater is concerned. BTW I had to wear a heavy jacket and gloves to walk Kobe this morning. Because there was barely any wind it felt warmer than yesterday when we had a steady NW wind. Today our high temp will get up to 72F. The average high temp for this time of year is 76 degrees.

Yesterday I day to cull 4 adult Plat Angels from my group. Unfortunately my last 2 Albinos from Liz's line were included in the cull. For some reason they came down with bloat and I couldn't clear it. Luckily for me I have 8 healthy adults from her line should I decide to breed Angels again. I could probably get albinos from them but it takes a lot of work and I am not up to it.

I was invited to a late afternoon birthday party today and they insisted that I don't bring anything. Since I am usually good at following instructions I'll just bring a card. It kind of messes with my routine for today but I'm sure that I will be alright.

Liz I have an appointment on Monday for another Covid shot. It will be my 3rd booster buy my first one since April. I knew too many people that died from Covid and some folks are still getting it here including Vikki who's had it twice and my next door neighbor who just got over it last week.

Have a great day everyone and I'll check on you all later if I can.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm sorry to hear about my fish.  But Willie, they were getting old and when we get old parts of us don't work as well as they used to.  It's not surprising that these died of the same condition.  My Angels were pretty inbred.  I agree with you 100% on raising Albinos.  My best pair of discus always has a small percentage of Albino's and I'm not up to all that, either.  Besides, a fish incapable of living doesn't deserve to live.  Let's see if Greg flames me for saying that.

I haven't done badly for the past 2 days for an old lady.  I'm pretty much useless after noon.  But yesterday I cleaned the house to my own low standard.  It looks a whole lot better, especially the kitchen.  This morning I drove to Ellisville for another piece of Styrofoam.  I'd buy more than one sheet at a time, but it is so dang painful to get down on the ground with my drywall square, razor, and pen, measure where to cut, get the square square and make the cuts.  It's amazing how I'm going through the stuff , though.

The bed sheets are hanging out and almost dry.  I dug up a little plot in the garden to plant a bunch of garlic cloves, and put the sprinker on that little plot as well as on my 'mater and broccoles.

I still have to net out 3 pairs of Black Rams so I can starve them tomorrow for Monday shipping.  The guy who already paid for his 6 Discus asked if I could put off shipping until the 17th of next month which is fine with me.  I also need to to take a pic of my baby Turks and post them for sale on AB. 

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz!  It was also 43 here this morning, seemed soooo cold. But it has warmed up nicely and been great weather today. Amazingly Willie, I just put down my last Gold Pearl Scale angel from Liz, just 1 hr. ago.  She has been bloated for over 1 year but not bad enough to do anything about it.  She was old.  But she lived her last year, or more, with my discus and she swam with them, ate with them, even up to today.  But her gut was huge and I felt her days were numbered, didn't want her to die slowly so I did it fast for her.  I am now angel less for the first time in decades.  I will get more eventually.  Have had them since 1971 in the Philippines.  Next Spring I will be ready for new discus and new angels.  A tank of each.  But not now.  BTW, I have 5 healthy full grown Flachen discus from Hans, I take very good care of them, they are in my living room in a 75 with 3 sponges and a huge Sword in a clay pot, I put fert. sticks in it every few months.
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'm sorry about your fish, too Barb.  It's not easy to have to the right thing,
Always move forward. Never look back.