• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:37:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 161
Total: 162

Happy Fall Thursday

Started by Barb, September 22, 2022, 06:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi all, may be the first day of Fall but going up to 94 today.  But it is supposed to cool off soon, hope so.  I am going to a  Fall festival, even has a corn maze, this Sat.  It is at a local nursery out in tcise he country, I will let you know how it was on Sunday.  Have PT this morning, but the pain from last week is gone thank goodness.  The hardest exercise they have me do is sitting in a wheelchair and pulling myself around a track using only my  operated leg and foot.  Other leg and both arms can't be used.

Hope you all have a good day!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. Barb, I am very happy for you that your pain has subsided to the point where you are feeling pain free. Keep taking it easy though.

The cooler weather is right around the corner. We are getting rain with winds coming from the NW today but our high temp will be 81 degrees. After today our high temps will be in the 70s over the next 7 days and I even saw one day where the high temp will be in the 60s.

I was planning to do some yard work but that was before I saw that the storm is not too far away and will arrive by late morning. I hate to start something that I can't finish because it sometimes takes me a while to get started up again. I'll assess how much of the flower bed needs to be chopped down and decide if I should to it today or wait until Saturday.

If I don't do yard work today I will focus on other things in the fishroom. The guppy tanks need a little attention and I still need to set up the Dutch Blue breeding tank.

Have a great day everyone. I'll check on you all later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi gang...just checking in...we're bound for a tour of San Jose this morning, and that is why I up early today...BTW this is the same time zone as Phoenix...

Good to see all of you here yesterday and today...more later...happy aquariuming!... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon, all my friends.  Sounds like y'all are getting along well with life except for Ron who is partying on...

It's hot and dry as a bone here, but compared to the terrible weather in other places I live in a lucky place (at least for now)

Thanks for AB and simply I have sold out of SS babies.  One guy posted a thank you with pics on Simply which was lovely.  I've sold out of all the SS kids, but I still have a real nice group of Blue Turks left.  Barb, have you changed your mind yet?  If so, tell me before I advertise them.

I busted butt in the fish room yesterday moving fish around.  Suddenly, all my large tanks of 65 gallons and larger are full and I have lots of empty 10's 20's and 29's.  The darned will end up in the 125 that I have been doing my best not filling.  They're still quite small but fill up the 65 I moved them to pretty well.

I finally got my lazy ass to the supermarket.  It's a chore these days.  It used to be fun and I went more often.  But OMG did I spend an embarrassingly lot of money.  They didn't have wild rice which I needed for a cozy wild rice soup with mushrooms and coconut milk.  I'll find something else to use the mushrooms for. 

When I got home I saw that the new expensive big bed for old arthritic dogs arrived.  My fish bought it for Big Head.  My new TV is still sitting in it's box after being here since Tuesday, but I got right on setting up Big Head's bed.  I'll be pissed if he doesn't like it.

I feel the need for pain drugs (it's time), a nice relaxing bath with my good bubble bath, and a lie down for probably 45 minutes.  I'm not totally happy with the prescription my pain doctor's nurse practioner gave me.  She just doubled my Tramadol dosage.  If a double dose helps I can't tell.  I can handle it for 3 month until I get to see the pain doc himself.  If I just can't handle it, I'll call and ask if I can get in sooner.

Sorry to end on a down note.  I'm actually feeling quite up-beat except for the damn back.
Always move forward. Never look back.