• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:56:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

Relaxing Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, September 15, 2022, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It is a pretty not too cool, not too hot day today.  I'm no longer able to have much fun outdoors but I'm still enjoying the real air coming throught he house rather than "conditioned" air.  I haven't even wanted to turn on the AC in the bed room at night for days.  I will enjoy this while I can.  I know that the cold and need for central heat is what's coming after this nice spell.

It feels good not to have anything weighing on me.  I need to sell and ship because I need the money.  But it's nice to have a bit of a break.  Still, since I have 2 groups of 6 Discus going out Monday, I couldn't help but put up another auction for Pitch Black Ram pairs.  They're so easy to bag and pack.  That will be it for a week.  I have the itch to breed again, but except for holding tanks I'm slam full of fish I need to sell.  Ron, I've become like you.  I want this to feel like a hobby not like a business.

Does anyone have access to the new Covid shot yet?  It will be available in Hattiesburg soon.  Since I know 3 people who have had a hell of a time with this new variant I'm going to get this shot as soon as I can.

That's it from me, folks.  All I'm doing other than animal chores, which I like, is chilling out and enjoying a relaxing day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz and everyone,. I've been outside doing yard work and it's already looking better now that I've gotten rid of most of the dead flowers. I stopped working because I filled up my big yard waste bin. It's the same type of bin that I use for the garbage.

The town picks up the yard waste bin on Mondays. That's separate from our normal garbage and recycle pickups which are picked up by Waste Management on Tuesdays.

Liz it is good that you can continue to sell your Rams and Discus for a profit. If it's not too much trouble for you, do it until you can't anymore. You have a good thing going there.

I failed to mention how beautiful the weather is today but it is currently 76 degrees with plenty of sunshine and a 7 mph breeze coming in from the NW. This is my kind of weather.

Hopefully the rest of you are having great day. I'll check in on you all later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 15, 2022, 02:01:04 PM

The town picks up the yard waste bin on Mondays. That's separate from our normal garbage and recycle pickups which are picked up by Waste Management on Tuesdays.

Liz it is good that you can continue to sell your Rams and Discus for a profit. If it's not too much trouble for you, do it until you can't anymore. You have a good thing go

Thank you Willie.  I do have a good thing going and I know well that nothing lasts forever.  I will keep advertising and selling for as long I can.

Do you not have a hidden place where you can make compost for your garden from the stuff you're pulling out and throwing away?  Nothing as a good for your dirt than compost. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good evening!...

I've been tidying up loose ends today...mailed off 3 more orders...packed suitcases...(why do I call them suitcases?...I don't pack suits in them anymore! huh )...etc., etc.

Stan came over and got the rundown on what to feed the fish...when we get home they're traveling a few days, so I'll feed his fish and cat!...

We filled in the immigration forms to visit Mexico tonight...I printed mine just fine, but Lucy's wouldn't print...so I guess we'll be fixing all that tomorrow when we get to the airport...we should be there around 6am...ugh! :(

I hope you all have a good week...I don't know what kind of communications we'll have available down there...cheers and happy aquariuming!!! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 15, 2022, 11:23:11 PM
Good evening!...

I've been tidying up loose ends today...mailed off 3 more orders...packed suitcases...(why do I call them suitcases?...I don't pack suits in them anymore! huh )...etc., etc.

Stan came over and got the rundown on what to feed the fish...when we get home they're traveling a few days, so I'll feed his fish and cat!...

We filled in the immigration forms to visit Mexico tonight...I printed mine just fine, but Lucy's wouldn't print...so I guess we'll be fixing all that tomorrow when we get to the airport...we should be there around 6am...ugh! :(

I hope you all have a good week...I don't know what kind of communications we'll have available down there...cheers and happy aquariuming!!! |^|

Have a great trip Ron and Lucy. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 16, 2022, 06:44:04 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 15, 2022, 11:23:11 PM
Good evening!...

Have a great trip Ron and Lucy. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
thank you!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 15, 2022, 02:53:22 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on September 15, 2022, 02:01:04 PM

Do you not have a hidden place where you can make compost for your garden from the stuff you're pulling out and throwing away?  Nothing as a good for your dirt than compost.

Liz, thanks for that advise. I'll will look into that next year. |^| |^| |^| This years stuff is gone.
Willie