• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:32:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 136
Total: 136

Hump Day Hello

Started by Barb, September 14, 2022, 06:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning everybody!  Willie and Liz I hope you both feel better today.  Sorry for your pain.  Ron, have a great time on your vacation, let us know how it was when you get back.  I have only been to Tiajuana, a loooong time ago.  When it was safe to go.  I know Liz used to live in Mexico long ago, but forgot where.

I am going to visit a friend on her family farm today.  They used to grow tobacco, but now it is soybeans mostly, that is where the $$ is now.  Their 2 sons do all the work now, my friend and her husband are retired.  She spends most of her time in bed due to severe back pain from a broken back 3 years ago and severe arthritis.  No meds or surgery help her.

It is finally getting a bit cooler now, and lower humidity for a few days, starting today.  I can have a few windows open.  Yesterday while I was using my weed whacker I walked into a 3' wide spider web with a huge spider in the center of it.  Very creepy and the worst part was not knowing where the 4" spider went.  For awhile I thought it was on me.  Not fun at all.  But she is making a new web this morning.  It is the yellow writing spider.  This is their time of year here.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. Another beautiful morning here. It was 59 degrees when I woke up and we will get up to a high temp of 81 later today. There is no rain in sight and the humidity will be dropping throughout the day.

I will start up my yard work today. It is a mess now with all of the flowers dying. What used to be a decent flower bed a few weeks ago now needs a total makeover. When It gets a little colder I will dig up the knockout roses once and for all. I hate them now. huh

Before I get started on the yard I need to play around in the fishroom for a while. It looks like I will be able to consolidate and shut down a few tanks soon. I have some tanks with very few fish in them. I could probably shut down 4 to 6 tanks in the next few days.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning my friends.  I'm feeling more human today.  Thank God.  Monday I was miserable because I had to do without my pain meds so I would pee clean in the cup.  I was miserable the whole day.

Tuesday needs a paragraph of it's own.  I had 2 boxes of Discus to send out.  One of the guys didn't have a PayPal account and wasn't able to figure out how to get one.  He sent me a check instead and I hand printed a label.  I had to drive in to Hattiesburg to send it.  I went to the UPS store first.  They accepted the box with the pre-printed label but they would not accept the box with the hand written label.  I didn't realize that UPS stores were a private business and they had their own rules.  They sent me to the real UPS shipping place which was so tucked a way that I didn't even know existed.  There weren't even signs pointing toward it.  It was closed so I waited 20 minutes for it to open.  They wouldn't accept the box either.  They had a sign listing all the things they wouldn't take and one was live animals.  It made no sense to me that if a box had "LIVE FISH" written all over it but has a pre-printed label they would accept it.  I was worn out and tired by the time I got home and only posted so y'all wouldn't think I was sick or something.

Today is an easy day.  Just 2 boxes of rams to take to Boe's.  Discus are a pain to bag and pack.  Rams are a piece of cake.  Once they're sent off I'll go to Ellisville to pick up my new pain meds.  I'll buy myself a nice lunch and spend the rest of the day chilling out.

I need a break from shipping.  I have 2 boxes of Discus going out Monday and nothing for the rest of the week.  I'm not going to put up any more auctions until the middle of next week.

Willie, it sounds like you're feeling better today, too.  Barb, you seem to be feeling well today, too.  I've never seen one of those spiders that you ran in to.  Down here we have the Banana spiders everywhere.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good morning (afternoon, there now)...!

What a crappy Tuesday you had, Liz...! All that running around...if UPS facility wouldn't take a handwritten label how did you get it shipped?...

Spiders are the only animals that ever creep me out, but I do respect them...the one you're referring to, Barb, sounds like what we called garden spiders...absolutely beautiful yellow on black markings and large webs...but running into the web of ANY spider gives me about 15 days worth of exercise  ;D ...

Annual flower gardens are really pretty...however, I was always one for perennials so that I wouldn't have to save the seeds and forget where I put them, or so that I wouldn't have to replant every year...! Lazy, I guess... huh
I had to look up what a "knockout" rose is...never heard the term before...wonder how they got that name...

I hope you guys are able to reduce your pain as much as possible...I've just accepted it as part of my daily life and just move more slowly and deliberately...I find that by doing big jobs a little at a time, and switching back and forth between 2 or 3 of them, I getter done eventually...with sitting rest periods between sometimes...I don't know what it would be like if I didn't have my aquariums to keep me busy...probably boring...I love the hobby!...

Today is plant shipping day...orders have dropped off...we quit promoting on Facebook because the fees were disproportionally hi compared to our profits...we'll see how things go when I get back from Mexico...it's feeling less like work now...I'm still thinking about using AB...

Well, folks have a good rest of you day and I will get the rest of my morning going...happy aquariuming!  |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, I had no choice but to bring the poor fish back home and re-tank them.  I gave them a good tubifex worm feed after they settled back in.  I felt sorry for the poor things going through all the bagging and packing and being driven around all day for nothing.

I PM'd the guy.  (this sale was on Simply).  I told him the whole story and the poor guy felt guilty to be so incompetent about anything on the computer.  I understand his pain.  I'm incompetent with anything that has numbers it.  We all have our strong points and week points.  His and my weak points are just extremely weak.

He talked to his wife about the situation.  She told him that she had a PayPal account.  He asked if it would be difficult for her to figure out how to pay and I said that it would be easy.  I was bagging fish when he called and I told him that when I got home from shipping I will send her the invoice.  She can pay the dollar (the least I can send an invoice for) and when I ship the fish Monday I'll stick a dollar in the box.  I hope I don't forget.

If the poor guy wants the fish that he was feeling as stressed over the situation as I did, he must really, really want them.  I'll him let me know about how they progress and just ask if he has any question about how to raise quarter size Discus to grow into big beautiful blue based SS.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 14, 2022, 11:27:15 AM
Good morning (afternoon, there now)...!

What a crappy Tuesday you had, Liz...! All that running around...if UPS facility wouldn't take a handwritten label how did you get it shipped?...

Spiders are the only animals that ever creep me out, but I do respect them...the one you're referring to, Barb, sounds like what we called garden spiders...absolutely beautiful yellow on black markings and large webs...but running into the web of ANY spider gives me about 15 days worth of exercise  ;D ...

Annual flower gardens are really pretty...however, I was always one for perennials so that I wouldn't have to save the seeds and forget where I put them, or so that I wouldn't have to replant every year...! Lazy, I guess... huh
I had to look up what a "knockout" rose is...never heard the term before...wonder how they got that name...

I hope you guys are able to reduce your pain as much as possible...I've just accepted it as part of my daily life and just move more slowly and deliberately...I find that by doing big jobs a little at a time, and switching back and forth between 2 or 3 of them, I getter done eventually...with sitting rest periods between sometimes...I don't know what it would be like if I didn't have my aquariums to keep me busy...probably boring...I love the hobby!...

Today is plant shipping day...orders have dropped off...we quit promoting on Facebook because the fees were disproportionally hi compared to our profits...we'll see how things go when I get back from Mexico...it's feeling less like work now...I'm still thinking about using AB...

Well, folks have a good rest of you day and I will get the rest of my morning going...happy aquariuming!  |^|
|^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

One great thing that happened yesterday is that 3 different people in 3 different places told me that they loved my car.  It's because if that great carwash place.  I got to tell people about how she was smaller on the outside than she is in the inside.  That her style comes from her being a Fiat.  She's Italian.  She's sexy.  I adore my little car.

wsantia1

One good thing that happened for me today was that I was certified for a Medical Marijuana Card. The doctor was very understanding about my situation and if I knew it was going to be this easy I would have done it earlier.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 14, 2022, 04:54:40 PM
One good thing that happened for me today was that I was certified for a Medical Marijuana Card. The doctor was very understanding about my situation and if I knew it was going to be this easy I would have done it earlier.
hell,Willie...I thought you already had your card!...I have to get mine renewed...had to pay full price last purchase!... ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron