• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:52:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

Sunny Sunday

Started by LizStreithorst, September 11, 2022, 10:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning fellow Mug Clubbers.  It will be mostly sunny all day today which is nice.  Shawn came and for me Friday before it rained and today everything looks green and just a bit more civilized.

I got all my box making done and my broccoli planted yesterday.  I dusted the broccoli with Sevin to keep the grasshoppers  away.  I hate to use any insecticide except pyrethrins which I use rarely, but after loosing my tomato crop to leaf hoppers earlier in the year, and having the hoppergrasses decimate my first 6 pack of broccoli the day after I set them out, I'm determined not to loose this broccoli.  This is actually the very first time I've ever used Sevin, and it's the mildest of all the insecticides that work against chewing insects.

Today is laundry day.  One load is already hung out and I have another load in the washer.  I've got to make more boxes, too.  I made one extra yesterday morning, but I sold 2 more auctions in the afternoon.  I also badly need to sweep and tidy up a bit.  Monday is the pain doctor but I'll be busy Tuesday and Wednesday bagging and packing.

Barb, how was yoga class.  Ron, I think you forgot to post the pic of the dirty part of your fish room.  YOu would faint if you walked in to mine.  Willie, is sounds like your getting all your tanks in good shape, too.  Since my tanks are mostly all BB I just vacuum the poop up when I do water change.  One of these days, I need to get around to squeezing sponges, though.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Liz and everyone. It's been raining on and off most of the day but we got a break a couple of hours ago. We may get some more rain overnight and we'll get some during the week also.

Most of my perennials have stopped blooming for the season and it will soon be time for me to start cutting them back. I'll have to address that this week because it looks terrible. The community landscaper is suppose to do that but it seems like I always beat them to it. I believe that's their plan.

Liz, I did spend some time cleaning up more tanks and yes I squeezed a bunch of sponges. These were so bad that when I squeezed them what came out was like black ink. huh I'm pretty sure that these sponges were not doing anything but making bubbles. huh

The rest of the day I spent watching football. My lousy Jets are still lousy.  Anyway that's how my day went. Hopefully you all had good days.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

We actually did get a nice splat of rain not long ago.  It's a good thing.  My poo little unestablished broccole's wilted badly in the hot sun this afternoon.  I thought about putting the sprinkler on it for a couple of hrs this morning but decided not to.  I'll do it tomorrow morning, though.  There is no rain projected for the next 10 days.

Do you have skeeters there like I have here?,  It's so bad at my house that as soon as I go outside I get swarmed.  If I'm going to be out for any length of time I spray Off all over myself.  I hate to do it though, so I generally just suck it up and swat and get stung.  The little blood suckers don't bother me much, though. 

Remember how just a while back I was stressing over having enough tank space?  I've sold enough fish that I'm able to finally consolidate tanks.  I'm so glad of that.  I really, really, really didn't want to get that 125 back up and running again. 

Ron is probably pooped out from his swap and auction.  Who knows if Barb might make an appearance...
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi, still Sunday, here I am late.  It has been pouring almost all day.  The poor 100 mi. bike riders must have had a very hard time of it.  Some did 75 mi. each day.  I haven't heard how the weather affected the riders.  I went to see my mom, did some yard work between showers, and read a book, that's  all of my day.  Monday will be much busier, starting off with PT early.  See you all here tomorrow,
Barb

Ron Sower

Yes, Liz, I'm totally pooped and may actually go to bed before midnight tonight. We're having a huge windstorm right now, and it just blew over an empty 50g lowboy I was just about to go out and lay down flat...the bottom is shattered :-\ :-[ :( dammit! ... it's my partner's tank...

Our swap had 31 tables with 27 vendors...largest group yet...the turnout was good as well and I did my best swap ever...we had plenty of room in our clubhouse ballroom here in our community...I was a little iffy about doing it here because it's further east of anywhere we've held them before...but it was 2 hours of solid selling...now I have to put the plants and dry goods that didn't sell back where they go...

I invited several of my friends there to come have pizza afterward and we had a group of 15 of us...it was fun and a nice unwind....    I wanted to show off my beautiful large blue gullaris to them only to learn that it had jumped out and dried up...I redid that tank a couple days ago with plants, scaping and new light ...the covers were so covered with muck that I figured I'd clean them up Monday and left them in the sink in the fishroom...A sad and costly mistake...I have 2 females left so I will cover the tank tonight for sure...

Liz, maybe I didn't forget to post that pic! ;) ...anyway...Lucy and I were real estate agents...nothing in your place could ever make me faint!... We've seen some nasty sh...I mean nasty stuff! :D

Now it's raining like crazy,...

I'm glad you're getting out in your yards, guys...it's good for ya...!

Hope you had good sleeps... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron