• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:50:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 123
Total: 123

Saturday hello

Started by Barb, September 10, 2022, 06:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning folks! It is warm and raining here this morning.  Too bad about the rain, this whole weekend, beginning last night, is the MS 100 mi. bike ride here.  Several thousand bikers from all over the country are here to ride it, today and tomorrow, both days to rain.  The hotels are packed, parks full  of tents and support tents and trailers.  They have a huge trailer with many showers in it.  The local YMCA lets riders spend the nights on the floors there, very cheap.  With air mattresses and pads of course.  My son has ridden in this ride several times, doing 50 mi each day., or more.  Liz, long ago you would have loved to do this ride.  Some people ride to the beach from here.    Well, you all have a great day,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Barb.  You're right.  I'd have loved a ride like that.  50 miles would have been easy peasy for me back then.

We had a nice little rain last night and we had good splat Thursday as well.  It wasn't too much or too little.  It was just right.

I'd been feeling so good since starting my B12 vitamins that Thursday I decided to turn the soil in a little 4X7 piece of garden. Although that section had never been dug, it was easy work because I had it covered with a huge piece of cardboard for 3 weeks.   I didn't realize that the job knocked me for a loop until yesterday when I was next to worthless all day.  That's why I missed posting yesterday.  All I did was go to the hardware store for my sheet of styrofoam, go to the feed store for another 6 pack of broccoli and pick up beer.

I have the pain doctor Monday and since I'm not allowed to take my pain drugs the morning I see him, I put off my shipping until Tuesday.  I sold another auction this morning so today I'll be making boxes. 

The grasshoppers almost decimated the last broccoli I planted so I'll be planting more when I get tired of box making.

Barb, I have a soft spot in my heart for the queen, too.  A lot of Americans don't understand why something so antiquated as the monarchy still exists.  I do.  A figure head that goes back to Saxton times is important if for a sense of history, if nothing else.  And the queen was someone who was a representation of everything good in humanity.

I'll check back later to see what's going on with our gentlemen friends.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Barb, Liz and everyone. It's another beautiful day here. We didn't get any more rain and the temp was 59 degrees again on wakeup. We will get up to a high temp of 80 degrees under sunny skies. This is how every day should be. Cool in the morning and warming up to decently warm temps in the afternoon. |^| |^| |^|

Today I am focusing on cleaning up my small tanks and while it may be a smaller overall job than doing the water changes on my bigger tanks it is a more delicate job and I have to work slower and with more focus so that I don't syphon out and baby or small fish out of the tank in the process. I already started the job I'm just taking a breakfast break right now.

Time for more coffee but I'll check in on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi y'all!...

I've spent the last 2 days mostly bagging and labeling plants for the auction tonight and the swap tomorrow...I did alright tonight even with a very small crowd...I must have a hundred bags for tomorrow...we've got 29 tables registered and the 30th one will be our club store table...largest group of vendors yet, and I just hope we get the proportionate amount of buyers in...i and several of the eCommerce vendors have been broadcasting it to as many people as we can...

So tomorrow morning I need to work with Lucy and clean the house up a little because I've invited several ppl over after the swap and we're gonna order pizza...

Tonight the fellow that has bred the Spotted Congo Puffer, of which I have 2, said he would bring me a load of Celestial Pearl Danios...I'm going to trade him a bunch of plants...I'm excited about that... |^|

I'm bushed and am going to bed now...have a great Monday, and I'll be back here tomorrow night if I'm not too shot!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron