• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:57:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 186
Total: 187

The weekly Wednesday…

Started by Ron Sower, September 07, 2022, 10:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

And here we are again at the famous "Hump Day" of the week!

Going to reach 106 today with no clouds, and for the next week or so it'll hover around 98-100...starting tomorrow, cloudy with slight change of rains...I believe they're saying clouds are from the hurricane off the SW coast...

I'll pick orders today and get them out...there aren't a lot...gives me a break...I will take a lot of plants to the swap Sunday...

Tonight we're going to meet my online Upwards opponent who lives here in our community...her sister and friend are visiting her this week...I met them at the dance Monday night...Lucy and I thought it would be nice to visit over dinner...

It sure looks bare out there with the tank gone from the patio area...I'm still searching for a shorter replacement...it will be interesting to see what plants and fish I can help out there this winter...it looks like average lows are 45-50...I think the metallicus will make it...not sure guppies and swords will...may have to use heaters...

I guess that's all I have for now...what are you up to today, Muggers?...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron and everyone. It's been drizzling most of the day here but it should clear up around 4:30 pm. The temp is 72 degrees and won't get higher than 74 for today.

I spent the most of the day doing fishroom stuff. The water changes for the fish and turtle are done and tomorrow Kobe goes for grooming so I can start on really cleaning this house. It desperately needs it and the kids are no longer here for me to use as an excuse.

The rest of the day I plan to set up a quarantine tank for 9 Sterbai cories that I am expecting on Friday. I'm getting them off of BAND and the seller has a good reputation but my fish are finally doing well and I don't want to risk anything going wrong.

I also need to finish my mail-in ballot for our primary. We have 5 people on the ballot for 1 seat in the state senate (4 males and 1 female) and one of them has much better credentials than all of the others.

We also have the state auditor up for re-election but she was recently convicted for a minor offense that will hurt her in this election. Our only congress person is running unopposed to remain in office.

That's it for me and it's also around lunch time. As usual I'll check in  later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon, friends.  I got my 2 orders shipped off this morning then drove to Ellisville for a sheet of styrofoam.  Damned if some guy came before me and bought every single sheet of 9/16 Styrofoam they had.  I thought that I was in deep do do because I have orders going out Monday, but the guy said that they had ordered more and it will be in Friday.

I'm taking it easy today but I was totally pumped this morning.  The other Willie, Willie Loh on simply wants 12 of my baby Discus.  This guy know quality Discus and good genetics so I'm very honored that he is interested in my fish.  I need to separate his babies and 6 babies each to 2 other buyers on Simply.  I'll do it either later today or tomorrow morning.  I've been making good money on my fish.  It's great to have the gods smiling on my hobby for a change.I sure hope they're right.  We need it!

Ron, your fish room totally puts my messy one to shame.  I wish I were half as tidy as you. 

I like the Sterbai's a lot, Willie.  Are you planning on breeding yours or just keeping and watching them?  There is a pretty good demand for them on Simply.  Keep that in mind when you have some for sale.

Barb....?  What's up with you.  You missed yesterday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 07, 2022, 02:38:27 PM

I like the Sterbai's a lot, Willie.  Are you planning on breeding yours or just keeping and watching them?  There is a pretty good demand for them on Simply.  Keep that in mind when you have some for sale.

Thanks for that info Liz. If I have some success breeding them I will definitely look to sell some. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi folks, sorry to have missed the last couple days.  I am OK, but have been in pain since PT yesterday morning.  I did too much there, then went for a walk with friends.  Just too much I guess.  Back to PT tomorrow, they are really working me out each time.  It has rained a few times in the last few days, really needed too.  I am just trying to rest up today, but hard to do with all the stuff I want to get done.

Ron your fishroom is great!  Willie and Liz, keep up the good fish work.  As time goes by I am losing my interest in fish.  But I am still taking good care of the ones I have.  Maybe later on I will get it back.  I have been keeping fish for 53 years, with not a single break.  You all keep well,
Barb