• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

Rainy Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, September 06, 2022, 07:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. I am happy to report that it will be raining all day long. We really need a good soaking and we will finally get it.

Needless to say I will be working in the fishroom most of the day. There are water changes to do and I am sure I can do more deep cleaning on a couple of tanks.

I just finished the lengthy application for my medical mj card. I have a dispensary right up the road from me and I know several folks with less issues than I have with cards. I wish I could grow my own but that did not work out for me in the past.

That's all for me right now. I'll check in on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning Willie.  Same as yesterday all the rest of Mississippi has rain today except for me.  It will be overcast all day again.  BTW, every bit of my laundry got dry hanging on the fence yesterday.  I was surprised and delighted.  Dryer sheets just don't approach the wonderful smell of laundry dried outside.

It's shipping day today.  I'm not feeling too stressed which is nice.

Another guy on Simply wants to buy a group of baby Discus.  I asked for his PayPal address so I could send him an invoice and it turns out that he doesn't even know what PayPal is!  In order to ship UPS from Boe's I need a printed label and I can't print a label without a paid invoice and I can't get a paid invoice unless I send an invoice from PayPal.  He wants to pay by check but I told him that I'd have to use USPS and it has become so unreliable that I hate shipping that way.  I suggested he sign up with PayPal but what he decides to do is up to him.

I still have one hummer left.  It's a little male.  I know its the same one because he flys back to the same branch after hitting the feeder.

That's all for not, folks.  I'll check in later to see what Barb and Ron are up to.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

All my bagging and taking boxes to be shipped is done and I'm not stressed in the least.  Imagine that!  tomorrow it will be a small box with only one pair, and a box with 6 Discus and a pair of Dutch Blues.  After I feed the horse and the fish and myself lunch I'll put up 3 more auctions.

The guy who didn't know anything about PayPal wasn't knowledgeable  enough to set up an account with them.  I know how that feels.  I suck at technology myself.  I told him not to feel stupid because when you can't do something that everyone else can do it makes you feel stupid.  I know that from personal experience.  I let him know that a check would work.  I'll just make it so the day I drive to the UPS store in Hattiesburg is the day that I will go to the LFS to take fish and pick up sponges and heaters.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello gang!...

The dinner last night was ok and the singer had a beautiful voice but was very, very pitchy on the high notes!... :(

Today and the past 3 days I've been working up my dry goods to sell at the swap next Sunday...today I pressure washed a bunch of manzanita branches to clean off the grey and shoe the red streaks when it's wet...I'm going to take a spray bottle with me to show how pretty it is in their tanks...yesterday I cleaned a bunch of dragonstone and sponge filters...also put price tags on everything...

I'm pleased with how the fish room is turning out...I'll post pics even though it's not complete...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

The other side of the room...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron It's looking real good. Did you order your air pump yet?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 06, 2022, 06:42:08 PM
Ron It's looking real good. Did you order your air pump yet?
yep...ordered it Wednesday, arrived Saturday morning, installed Saturday afternoon...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron