• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 159
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 157
Total: 159

Cooler Monday

Started by wsantia1, August 15, 2022, 12:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It is another great day here with the temp currently at 80 degrees and a nice breeze coming in from the northwest. This weather has energized both me and Kobe so we have been outside most of the day.

I actually came inside just so I can eat some lunch. I was supposed to be working in the fishroom but I decided to take the day off. Tomorrow it will be a little warmer so I can catch up on fishroom work at that time.

Liz I saw your message on the lounge thread but I never got your messages via PMs. Did you delete those? Just curious.

Barb you sound like you are moving right along. Glad to hear that you are making so much progress.

I'll check in later when I get tired of doing nothing outside.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's a supercalifragilistic Monday for me. 

Shawn was mowing the lawn while I was out picking up my pain meds in Ellisville.  He put his tools by the door.  When he was done he came in to remove the old water heater and put in the new one.  I cannot believe the strength that man has.  He has excellent smarts as well.  I thought that  he'd have to remove a piece of trim to get the old one out of it's closet.  Instead, he lifted that heavy sucker up higher than the gas pipe that was in the way and carried it out.  I was flabbergasted!!!!!

The new water heater was both a bit wider and a bit taller than the old one.  He struggled to get it in but he lifted it and turned it so that it valves were out of the way and then set it in place.  Hooking it up was a bit of a problem, too.  The flexible brass water hook ups aren't all that flexible and the hose to hook the heater to the gas supply was too long, but Shawn got it done and I'm in heaven.  I can take the hot bath that I've been longing for for almost a month.  Praise the lord and bless Shawn.  I thank the gods or who ever is out there for having given me such a wonderful neighbor.  Can you even Imagine what this would have cost me if I'd had to call a plumber? 

Willie, as soon as Shawn got done, and after we had are normal talk about politics, I bagged up your fish and took them up to Boe's Hog Farm for UPS pick up.  The guys in the office keep the box in the office until UPS gets there.  Our area is his last stop before he gets back to the shipping place so the fish don't have to ride around in a hot truck all day.  I never did send you a PM.  I just posted here in the lounge because I was sure you would see it here.

It's beautiful here with just a few pretty Cumulus clouds, but it's HOT.  This will be only the 3rd day without a bit of rain.  Barb your Elephant Ear was asking for water yesterday evening, but it's happy now.  I left the hose dripping on it all night long.  The leaves are huge now.  I don't suppose I could talk you out of another bulb when winter arrives(?)

Time to feed the horse and put together a nice shrimp with home made alfredo sauce for myself.  I hope y'all are as happy as I am today.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz I am happy for you that Shawn was able to put the new hot water heater in.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Muggers...

Busy day today...Lucy had a card making class, so I went to Home Depot and bought PVC pipe and fittings for the air system in the fish room.... Then I went to Costco to get gas at 369 and to the dollar tree to find more of the containers that I got for our freezers that actually fit on the bottom shelf of my new racks... This is what I will keep my supplies and extra stuff in.... However the containers were all gone...

I got home just in time to change clothes to go to a patio party at one of our neighbors, which turned into an indoor party because it was still a bit hot outside... From there Miss Lucy went to play Samba with a gaggle of gals.... And I came home...

I think I'm going to go putz in the fish room a little bit and maybe set up some new lights to grow plants on one of my 75s... Then I'll read a little bit... nothing really new on the fish front here, same ol' same ol'...

Hope all are having a good evening...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron