• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 03:36:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 129
Total: 129

Saturday sneakers in on us

Started by Ron Sower, August 13, 2022, 10:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

And here we are at another weekend...!

How is everyone today?...Things are good here... 8)

Not much exciting going on here today...just going to bring in the 2 racks and set the tanks on them...Lucy might have something for me to help with...oh yes! Today might be the day to change out the filters in the kitchen RO unit...I don't like getting down and up from the floor a lot, so I'll try to have everything I need close by before I start! ;D

The Leopoldi have spawned again, on a large Aponogeton boivinianus leaf in the back of the tank...if I get the rack of tanks set up today, I may move the leaf over and try to raise them...if so, I better get the brine shrimp going!!!... |^|...they will stay in the wiggles stage, what, maybe 2 days?...

Have a good day and happy aquariuming!!! ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Well, well, well.  It's a rare occurrence for you to post first, Ron.  Bring the racks in and setting tanks on them sounds like it would be a full day for me.  I hate getting up and down, too.  Down isn't too bad.  It's the up that's difficult.

We had a nice rain yesterday evening after I finished WC and horse dinner feeding.  We have been getting some late and evening rain every day for weeks now.  I haven't had to water Barb's Elephant Ear since, but I keep an eye on it.  Once back before we were getting some rain every day, I saw a leaf starting to curl.  I put the hose on it just dribbling and forgot about it and left it over night.  I'm sure it was more water than necessary but the plant didn't mind it.  Since then God has done the watering for me.  They say no rain for a while so it could be that God will leave it up to me for a while.

Yesterday afternoon I drove up the road and stopped to take a pic of the beautiful flower I saw while taking the babies for a run.  The flowers had already started to curl up, so I did some research and discovered that it's a Spurred Butterfly Pea https://www.flawildflowers.org/flower-friday-centrosema-virginianum/ 

I don't have much of anything going on today other than the normal stuff.  I think I'll put an auction up on AB for the confirmed pair of Dutch Blue Rams.  I have a beautiful pic to use.  It's a picture of the parents of the spawn these came from. 

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon friends. It is just a wonderful weather day here in Central Delaware. The temp is 79 degrees and there is plenty of sunshine with the wind blowing in at 10-15 mph. It's a nice day to take a snooze on my deck in the back of the house. Hopefully this will turn into a trend.

I've been messing with the guppies today. I've decided to keep all of the males together no matter what type they are while the females will be split out by variant. This will limit the amount of tanks I am using as well as reduce new births. I have too much going on and too many babies.

It's a good thing that I only have older Angelfish that are not really breeding though I'm sure that I could condition a pair to breed if I wanted or needed to. 

After three consecutive nights of great sleep I got back into my old pattern and only slept 4.5 hours last night so after I finish the post and feed the fish lunch I am going to try to take a nap.

Those are some nice looking Dutch Rams Liz. |^| |^| |^|

I'll see you all a little later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Il sent you a PM, Willie.  When yours get older they will look exactly like the ones in the pic.  Of course good lighting helps.
Always move forward. Never look back.