• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:32:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143

Beautiful Sunday

Started by wsantia1, August 14, 2022, 10:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everybody. It is another gorgeous day here with plenty of sunshine and temps toppings out at 83 degrees. I suppose I can water the outdoor plant life later since we will be pretty dry here too.

Today I will continue move fish around. I'll proceed slowly because moving fish (especially small ones) is not in my comfort zone. I only do it when it is absolutely necessary.

At the moment I am on my way to the park. It's a little later than we usually go but it is such a nice day I have to take advantage of it. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, Check your PM's.  It's about shipping charges.  It's important that I hear from you. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Pt's beautiful here, too.  Hotter than it has been, though.  It's a perfect day for hanging out laundry so that's what I'm doing today.  I started early before the sun even hit the fence which is my clothes line.  All that's still in the washing machine are the bed sheets.

I didn't get out of my jammies until 10.  It was already warming up a good bit but I took the dogs on their run anyway because they enjoy it so much.  Now that we're back home they're all splooting on the tile floor cooling off.  Old Big head can't sploot so he's laid out in front of a box fan.

I still haven't posted my auctions on AB.  I hate advertising my fish after I haven't done it for a while.  I also hate shipping when I haven't done it for a while.  Once I get in the groove it's no problem.  I don't know why I'm like that.  I will make myself post the confirmed Dutch Blue Ram pairs and the Pitch Black pairs.  I'm not sure that I'm up to posting the baby Discus yet.  I should.  There's not much to choose from on AB although Snookin has some nice wilds up.

Shawn will be by tomorrow to mow for me and install the hot water heater.  The hoses in the sun works well for hand washing dishes.  It works well for a shallow hot bath if I bathe in the afternoon rather than in the evening when all my chores are done.  It has been clouding up around 4 when I do water change and by the time I'm wanting a relaxing hot bath the hose water is only warm.

HA!  While I was typing I remembered that I have everyone's phone number in my phone.  I gave him a call and the shipping problem is now solved.  We had a nice chat about showing dogs, too :)

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 14, 2022, 11:03:48 AM
Pt's beautiful here, too.  Hotter than it has been, though.  It's a perfect day for hanging out laundry so that's what I'm doing today.  I started early before the sun even hit the fence which is my clothes line.  All that's still in the washing machine are the bed sheets.

I didn't get out of my jammies until 10.  It was already warming up a good bit but I took the dogs on their run anyway because they enjoy it so much.  Now that we're back home they're all splooting on the tile floor cooling off.  Old Big head can't sploot so he's laid out in front of a box fan.

I still haven't posted my auctions on AB.  I hate advertising my fish after I haven't done it for a while.  I also hate shipping when I haven't done it for a while.  Once I get in the groove it's no problem.  I don't know why I'm like that.  I will make myself post the confirmed Dutch Blue Ram pairs and the Pitch Black pairs.  I'm not sure that I'm up to posting the baby Discus yet.  I should.  There's not much to choose from on AB although Snookin has some nice wilds up.

Shawn will be by tomorrow to mow for me and install the hot water heater.  The hoses in the sun works well for hand washing dishes.  It works well for a shallow hot bath if I bathe in the afternoon rather than in the evening when all my chores are done.  It has been clouding up around 4 when I do water change and by the time I'm wanting a relaxing hot bath the hose water is only warm.

HA!  While I was typing I remembered that I have everyone's phone number in my phone.  I gave him a call and the shipping problem is now solved.  We had a nice chat about showing dogs, too :)

It was nice chatting with you too Liz. Can't wait for the Dutch Blues. The color on them is superb. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good evening folks,  today has been the nicest weather for months.  Not too hot, blue sky, no wind, and ground still damp from all the rain the other day. I am practicing walking with no cane, it seems too easy now. But I am very careful.  And only indoors.  I went to the cemetery with garden flowers earlier today. It was a nice drive, about 70 miles round trip.  Had a good salad in my car for lunch.  I feel better each day now, which is very nice after a couple weeks of pain.  PT tomorrow.

Liz those Rams you posted a pic of sure are pretty!   But they would not live in my tap water.  Willie is your finger healing up well?  I have a tiny cat claw hole on my right wrist. It has been bleeding off and on for many days since I am on a blood thinner after the surgery.  have to keep it well bandaged.  Ron, good looking fish room area!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Barb, If you can raise Discus in your water the Rams would do just as well.  But I know that the last thing you want is more tanks wfwf

Ron Sower

Hello there!...im moving tis post here to get it on the correct date...!

Yeh, Liz...occasionally I can start a thread...! It's 83 with 58% RH right now, cloudy with rain this morning and sun peaking thru after noon...just heard thunder!...

I went to the killi club meeting last night and returned with some plants I need and some cash! |^|...

Today is more fishroom work day...one of our club members said he would help me one day to install the air delivery system, so I better have all the materials needed hand for when he's got a day to come down...we're going to install a 1" pvc pipe all around the room above the tanks...

ThAts all I have for now...I'm including a pic of the fishroom south wall where the leaked 125 used to be...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

No problem, Ron.  I knew what was up.  I've done the same thing myself more than once  :-[