• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 12:56:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 166
Total: 167

Hello Friday Again

Started by wsantia1, August 12, 2022, 06:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning all. We have another beautiful day on tap here as our high temp will hit 84 degrees with a nice breeze blowing in from the northwest. Needless to say I will be outside most of the day.

I've already gone to the park with Kobe and after some light cleaning of the house I have an appointment with a dermatologist to take care of a couple of skin tags.

They are not really noticeable but I know that they are there and since I am paying so much for Medicare and secondary insurance I have no excuse for not taking care of it.

What are your plans today? Barb, how are you feeling after the PT? Hopefully you muscles are not hurting too badly.

I check in with you all later. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good Morning Willie.  I just sent your invoice. 

Regardless of how late I stay up I get up when light comes in the window.  I think it's because that's when the dogs wake up.  It's hard to sleep while I'm being greeted by dog kisses.  If I roll over and try to sleep a little longer they start playing with one another on the bed.  Last night I stayed up much later than usual watching a good movie on TV, so even though I got up at the dawn's early light and had a cup of strong black coffee, my eyes are still not wanting to stay open.  I'm sure I'll catch a few winks when I have my afternoon before WC lie down.

I was taking the dogs out for their morning run around the neighborhood when I saw Shawn driving down the paved road as we were headed up.  I pulled over to the side of the road and called the babies so they would stay close and not get run over.  When Shawn pulled into his driveway I turned around so I could talk to him.  Before I had a chance to say anything he told me that he was planning to mow my lawn as soon as he got through mowing his MIL's.  That's when the big bolt of lightning struck close to here and he headed home.  Seems that everyone but me is afraid of getting struck by lightning...He was also told by Judy, probably, that I need him for installing the hot water heater.  He won't be able to do that until Monday, but that's not a problem for me.  I've discovered that I big full hot bath is a luxury, not a necessity.  If push came to shove I could make it without a water heater during the hot summer months.  I sure that push never comes to shove. ;)

Willie, you paid for the invoice before I even finished typing!  Thank you.  PayPal will send you the tracking number when I print the invoice which will be today.  I will ship Monday for Tuesday delivery.

After having such a hard time sexing the Rams, darned if I didn't see a pair sitting on eggs in the 90.  These darned fish don't reach sexable age until they're just on the verge of breeding.  Discus are even harder to sex.

All I have to do today other than enjoying myself is make a beer/nicotine run.  I'm glad don't have to choose between hot water and beer and nicotine.

I got a call from the pain doctor's nurse.  She said that I was approved for another month of Tramadol and made an appointment for me in a month.  I thought I'd get another 3 months of my pain drugs and would have until November before I had to pee in a cup so I took 2 hits of weed.  One month is supposed to be long enough to clear cannabis from my pee.  I've never cut it this close, though.  I don't know what will happen if my pee is positive.  I may have to go another month without my pain drug.  I will be able to handle it because I'm tough, but it won't be fun.

Barb, I saw the most beautiful flower while I was taking the dogs for their run.  I'll take a pic and send it to you so you can identify it for me.  I'll send it to Felder, too.  BTW, your Elephant ear is huge and beautiful!

Ron, thanks for being kind about my silly hurt feelings.  Everything about me is so up front with my friends, including my silly tender feelings.  Physically I'm strong, even though my spine is falling apart, but emotionally I'm the opposite.

Be well friends, and have fun today.  You know I will :D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Ha!...I started one before you poste, Liz...then I lost it!...hahaha... :D

It's gonna reach 99 today, with some clouds so fat...maybe rain later...who knows?...

We'll be pulling, bagging, boxing and shipping today!...Tomorrow/sunday I plan to set the racks in the fishroom and get the tanks set on them...

Liz, the water temp from our "cold water" lines is running at 94 ;D ;D ;D...I don't even turn on the hot water in my shower!...we all just chuckle about it here...

I noticed that my Leopoldi have spawned again...on an Aponogeton boivinianus leaf...guess I won't be pulling that one for an order today!!!...I hope I can set up 1 or 2 breeding tanks so's I can rear some fish soon...

We went to Florence and played cards yesterday...Lucy and I won the first 2 hands, then we had pizza for dinner and his homemade apple pie for desert... |eat| |eat| |eat| after that we came home before it got dark...we'll play the last hand next time we go down there!...

Happy aquariuming my long distance friends ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi everybody!  It finally rained today, for several hours.  A real toad-floater. I was downtown for part of it, and some very flat streets were flooded.  I walked, very carefully, through 4" running water to get to my chair yoga class at the library. I walked as slow as a snail with my cane, being very careful and parked close to the door. Glad I had flip flops on, since my right foot is still kind of swollen, can't wear regular shoes yet. The cool rainwater felt very good on my swollen and still sore foot.  Hip pain almost gone.

Liz, I will get a tank set up for baby discus to arrive mid Sept.  Is that OK?  No way can I be moving and setting up a tank right now, but a few more weeks will do it.  Willie and Ron good luck with all your fish breeding, and plant growing/selling Ron.  Willie and I seem to do best with Java Moss,right? Have a good weekend you all,
Barb

wsantia1

Barb, I'm so glad to hear that your hip pain is milder now and yes Java Moss is very good to me. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Glad you're doing better with your hip, Barb...keep up the good work!

Barb, you call them toad-floaters...we had an afternoon toad-strangler today (that's what one of my Arkansas uncles called them)...wind and rain for 45 minutes
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron