• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 03:18:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 140
Total: 140

Yet another Thursday

Started by LizStreithorst, August 11, 2022, 11:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hi folks.  Where was everyone Sunday?  I posted my hello and absolutely nobody showed up to answer.  Kinda hurt my little feelings wfwf

I was supposed to go to the pain doctor today but the his nurse called yesterday and told me that I didn't have to come.  Dr. Leigh was still out.  I didn't know that he was not working!  Turns out that he had Covid and was having quite a time recovering from it.  That's kind of a shame because I wanted to ask for stronger pain meds.  The nurse said that a one of their other doctors would call me, but I don't want to ask a doctor who doesn't know me for stronger meds.  They are always looking for signs of "drug seeking".  I'll make do for another 3 months using what I'm on now.  I'm OK if I do only the necessary chores.  If I get so that I can't do my necessary stuff I'll call back and see if they won't fit me in somewhere. 

The guy who was interested in my Discus happened to be in the store when I showed up with the fish for Ken and Twee to sell for me.  He bought the 3 younger fish I had in a 10" bag on the spot.  Ken told me on the phone yesterday that his brother wanted to buy the 2 that I took them a few weeks ago.  I feel sorry for the poor Discus.  Ken wasn't kidding when he told he the guy was just a hobbyist.  When I chatted with him he said that he was planning on putting them in a 76 degree tank.  I told him that the minimum temp for Discus is 82.  God knows what else is going to subject the fish to.  Probably a planted tank with no WC...But I didn't need these fish.  They were not breeding quality so they had to go.  Breeders need to have a hard heart sometimes.

I had to go to the feed store.  If I didn't get dog food my babies would have had to go without which is not acceptable.  Since I'm broke until my SS check arrives in a week I just got 50 lbs of dog food and 50 lbs of horse.  That'll be enough to get me through.  I have plenty of food for myself in my freezer, but when I get my check I'll stock up on stuff to cook that freezes well.  Anything that cooks in a sauce freezes well.

This situation won't last forever, thank God.  I can finally sex my Rams and the baby Discus are close to quarter size.  Willie, I have your 2 pairs of rams separated.  Shall I ship Monday for Tuesday delivery?  Barb, how about you and the baby Discus.  Are you not well enough yet?  Delivery is next day.  Your high temp wont be a problem at all.  It's next day shipping and you can pick them up at you want to pick them up when they arrive at the UPS store if you want to pick them up as soon as they  arrive.  They are still nickel size not but they're growing fast.  I don't to get too big for me to feel comfortable shipping.

Ron, you've decided to wait till December to decide.  You are very sensible to wait a bit longer so you can see if it gets better.  At our age there is no reason to turn a hobby into a business if it isn't worth what you put into it. I plan to make an appoint with my own CPA and ask him about turning my fish hobby into a business, but even though I would like to make money on it, I know that I won't.  But I think that will do is get money back when I file my taxes.

That's it for now.  It's nice to be back chatting with you again.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Howdy!...

Awwwhhh...Don't go gettin' your feelings hurt, Liz...we still luv ya!...For me, some days just get busy right off and I just don't get to the forum...other days I'm just not feeling right, so I don't post...I'm sure the rest of us are the same...  ;)

Yesterday was a bit longer day...orders picked up a tad...today, after a blood draw for my wellness checkup, we're going down to Florence to play cards there, have dinner and then come on back home...

How's it going, Barb?...PT working for ya?...
And Willie, how're you feeling?

I hope all y'all have a good day and happy aquariuming!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hello everyone. Liz I'm sorry I didn't get to post on Sunday. I was still somewhat out of it from my fall during the week. The good news is that I had my Dr.'s appointment for my refills this morning and he examined my scarred up knee and finger and said that I am going to be just fine but that I may have some permanent scarring on my right pinky finger which was cut really deep.

He gave me some antibiotics for the finger on top of my Tramadol and allergy med refill. I've been keeping the finger bandaged up and did not really realize deep the cut was until yesterday.

Liz, feel free to send me the invoice for the Dutch Rams. I am ready for them, thanks.

Today is just a gorgeous day with the temp currently at 86 degrees but the humidity all the way down to 50%.

The humidity level is also going to drop even further throughout the weekend. Hopefully this weather continues while my girls are here for their week with Grandpa.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everybody!  The whole gang is here today!  I am doing OK but resting a lot today to recover from a hard day yesterday.  My first PT was hard, but went OK. I knew what to expect.  One whole hr. of working on my right leg and hip.  Then I had to take a longer than expected car trip, which was tiring.  But also did OK.

Willie what happened to your finger?  Be sure to keep it out of tank water until healed up. Liz I would rather wait until mid Sept for baby discus if you can keep them that long.  All the wc's right now would be too hard to do, with holding onto a cane or walker.  I think I am rushing getting back to normal so I need to slow it down for a bit.  Went to see my mom today, she is OK but sure not the same mom she was 6 mo. ago. But she is getting excellent care for which I am so thankful.

You all take it easy and stay safe.
Barb

wsantia1

Barb, as I was falling I put my hand in between my face and the concrete. I don't know if my metal rimmed glasses cut my finger or the impact with the concrete split the finger. It all happened so fast and yet it seemed like slow motion. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.