• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 06:09:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 183
Total: 183

Steamy Friday

Started by wsantia1, August 05, 2022, 06:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. After all the evening Thorms we had yesterday and with "feels like" temps getting up to 102 degrees we will definitely be boiling here today. Thorms are expected to roll through tonight and they will put an end to this current heatwave at least for tomorrow.

After that weather report I will be keeping cool in my fishroom/basement for most of the day. The turtle and shrimp will get most of my attention today but I will also squeeze in some attention to the fish.

For today at least I won't have to water the plant life in my flowerbeds. Barb, did you get the Thorms last night? We had them rolling through most of the evening and they were loud and the lightning made it bright/. In DC four people got hit by lightning in Lincoln Park right across the street from the White House.

Everybody stay cool and dry and even more importantly have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, hot and steamy here too.  I wish I could say there was rain here. But no, dry as the desert again.  The two little rains from last week are long gone.  I have been hand watering again, what I can reach with my hose nozzle that shoots water pretty far out.  Today was my last home PT, I start going to outpatient PT next Wed. for 6 weeks.  Probably twice a week.  Healing is doing well and I am driving a little now, just a few stiff leg muscles, but  no problems.  Feels good to be back out.
You all have a good day!  Liz good luck with the water heater and DW.  Ron, sounds like your hobby has turned into a real not- so- fun job now. Think hard on it.  Willie, enjoy your cool fishroom and hope for cooler weather.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon my fellow Mug Clubbers.  It was hot here today too, but I know it's nothing like y'all have been suffering through.  If fact, if it weren't for the terrible humidity it would be down right pleasant.

Judy called yesterday evening and asked if I could groom her little dog.  Then we got into the my water heater woes.  I told her that she'd have to carry the little guy to the tub for me and made arrangements for her to bring him Saturday.  It wasn't until late that night the light bulb went off in my head...I couldn't groom the him without hot water.  I showed up at her house this morning with a few grooming tools and we both laughed about the hot water situation didn't occur to either of us.  She gave me some okra from her garden.  I deep soaked it in a beaten egg and deep fried it.  Man, was it ever good.  That mushy nasty stuff from restaurants is a far world from fresh okra.

Willie, are you fairly well recovered from the tumble you took?  Barb, Martha's hip replacement it tomorrow.  I hope she is able to do as well as you.

It's been another bad back day.  Bad back days are more the rule that the exception these days.  I hope the doc can fix me up with some good drugs.  I have that 125 I need to get cleaned out and ready to go, plus 2 29's and a 20 that have sand rather than gravel in them.  I really need to get on it but I just don't have it in me to get started.  I guess I should start out with the 3 smaller tanks and save the monster for after I see the doctor.  I have several tanks of fish growing out that would do better if they had more elbow room.

The water heater didn't show up today.  They say now that it'll be  tomorrow.  It really doesn't matter, though since I can't do anything until Shawn gets back home.  Judy gave me an excellent idea that I should have thought of but didn't.  After Katrina the power was out here for 3 full weeks.  Judy's house is all electric so for hot water she had hoses running all over the yard getting hot in the sun and voila!  Hot water.

That's it from my end.  How's it going with your plant biz and the rest of your life, Ron?
Always move forward. Never look back.