• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:55:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 132
Total: 133

Saturday

Started by Ron Sower, August 06, 2022, 10:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hi Muggers!

I just read yesterday's posts...glad that you're getting around so well, Barb...
Liz, the garden hose thing is a pretty good use of solar energy...are you doing that now?...your dog grooming is a nice little gig for a bit of extra $$$...it's good you can still manage a few of them...
The DC lightening strikes made national news...we saw it here on tv last night...that's tragic!...

Yes, Barb, I am thinking long and hard about the plant business...we had a huge spike in orders while we were away for the week due to some promotions my partner did...so we got them out when we got home...so yesterday my partner let me know that we ended up getting a lot of complaints...mushy plants, long delivery times, shorted plants,etc...I'm not sure why some things went wrong...it's interesting how many ppl will go straight to the website, or FB page and immediately attack or give a bad review instead of contacting us about problems directly, which we ask them to do...and we do catch some of them in lies...anyway, my partner is stressed and I am too, to a degree...I'm going to his house today to pick up 2 racks and a bunch of small aquariums to set up here in place of the 125 that is gone now...we'll have a talk about how to improve...

It is weird though...everything was going along fine, then...BOOM!...it hits huh

Another aspect of the business is that we're missing some potential good times with the new friends we're making here in the community...Wednesdays and Fridays are out as far as doing anything with them! :D :D :D

I'm learning that I like Scotch!...one of our friends invites us over for drinks occasionally...he's a scotch drinker, so I've tried his, and I enjoy it...I'll be keeping it in our cabinet now for when they come over!... ;D

I guess that's all I have to say this morning...I hope all of you have a good day and happy aquariuming!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning Ron, and my other Muggy friends.  Yes, Ron, I did use the garden hose idea yesterday evening after WC.  It turned a cool bath into a warm bath.  I have 2 75' hoses in the yard and they heat up well during the day.
I wasn't looking forward to it, but I scooped drained the water and scooped out the sand and MTS from the 20 in the fish room.  It was the easiest of the 3 tanks in the fish room to work on and my back still aches.  I'd like to tackle one of the 29's but I know better.  I'll suffer for 2 days if tackle one of the 29's.  I'll be up and down the step ladder doing those.  I'm afraid that I'll be mostly sitting on my ass for the rest of the day. 

I don't know when or if I'll bother with the 125 in the office.  Doing WC is easy in the fish room, and it's easy enough in the office but it's 2 different setups.  With the 125 I have to go outside and suck on the drain hose to drain it.  WC is not bad if I can do it all in one fell swoop, but my back aches after that one fell swoop.  It would be hard to make myself tackle WC on a big tank like the 125 when my back was already aching.  I've racked my brain for a way to find a place for that tank in the fish room, and I just can't. 

It's crazy with my water heater.  I bought it on line from a Home Depot right down the road in Hattiesburg.  It was available there for pick up but although I could have picked it up in my little car, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to unload if once I got it home.  But instead of sending the water heater from the store in Hattiesburg they shipped it from some warehouse in Tampa.  Tracking says it's in Hattiesburg now, on a truck.  It really should be delivered it today.

That's it for me today.  I'm looking forward to hearing from Willie, to see if he still has pain from his fall, and from Barb to hear more about how she's progressing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Ron, Liz and everyone. Another typical hot and humid day here but it is cloudy so we won't hit the 90s and we have a 25% chance of rain this evening.

My day started off lousy when my Keurig coffee maker failed to turn on. I had to find a regular coffee machine that I stored away just for this type of emergency and wwhen I found it I had to thoroughly clean it because it was filthy. After that I found some ground coffee for the machine but it was stale so my morning coffee was terrible. Actually it wasn't that bad.

I went to the store once it opened up and bought some fresh coffee and what a difference in flavor over the Keurig and the stale coffee. I'll think twice before I get another Keurig because I now remember what good coffee taste like.

While I was looking for my old coffee maker I found a French Press coffee maker in my cabinet. My sister gave it to me as a gift so when I figure out how to use it I will fix some coffee with it. They are supposed to be very good.

Ron a couple of weeks ago your plant business seemed to be going great. Hopefully that meeting with your partner will get you guys back on the right track. I also hope that you don't get too many negative reviews.

Liz, I am feeling much better after the fall, thanks for asking. It's a shame that HD sent the water heater from the warehouse rather than from the store but it's also a good thing that you will get it before the installer is ready to do the job. That was a good idea your client had bout heating the water. If that ever happens to me that's what I will do weather permitting.

In a few minutes I will go downstairs to do some turtle tank maintenance and then I will season up a steak for either tonight or tomorrow's dinner. I do have some leftover rotisserie chicken that I probably should finish off first and that's probably while I'll eat for dinner tonight.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check on you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everyone, I also will remember that hot  water in the hose idea from Liz.  Very good tip!  Still very hot and dry here, I had to hose water some plants awhile ago just to keep them alive.  Yestrday I did too much so was extra tired and in pain last night.  I felt better this morning after sleep, even though I slept in 3 different places through the night.  The best was in my sunroom on the couch out there.  Will do that again tonight.  My bed is the worst, lying flat with a new hip is not good yet. 

You all have a good rest of the weekend, and hope eveything works out for all of us!
Barb