• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:49:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 147
Total: 148

Thursday

Started by Ron Sower, July 28, 2022, 11:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Good day, folks!...

Arriving home at 3am Tuesday morning, we were dead all day Tuesday...and on tOp of that my oldest 125 leaking when I got up ...moving slowly through the day, I drained the tank til the leak stopped, then proceeded to distribute the plants to other tanks...that was about all I got done on Tuesday...

Yesterday we had close to 100 orders to process...Lucy and I were still moving slowly...so got them done by 6pm...still have a bunch to do when my plants arrive today...and I need to locate frogbit...it sells like crazy!!! And I can't get it from my nurseries :-\

Guess I better get a shower and get the dat started!...good day folks!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi everybody, I have been dragging lately, just dealing with pain and swelling in my leg/hip.  But I did get a good 80% wc on my discus tank yesterday.  That was a job, doing most of it with one hand on my walker for balance and the other on hose, tank, faucet, etc.  It took twice the time as usual but was worth it.  It had been 9 days since my last wc on it, but I had been feeding very lightly and had put on extra and new filtration recently.  All is well with it.  I need to go outside in awhile to water plants, this dang heat is just drying things up so fast.  I will do it very carefully and very slowly.  Liz I will return your call I missed later on today.  I had a visitor when you called.
Barb

Ron Sower

Great to see you on here, Barb... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Well, today was my lucky day.  Ron phoned me first followed by a call from Barb.  I also talked to Martha in Rio this morning, but I called her.  Did you know that you could call anywhere in the world for free using whatsapp?  I got 3 loads of laundry done.  The fourth is still hanging on the line but should be ready in an hour.  While it was still early enough to be cool I took the dogs for a run around the neighborhood.  I used the scooter, of course.  They really enjoy their run with me we start going one way and then circle around and take another way back home.  Even poor old Big Head who is now 14 is still doing well enough to enjoy coming along.  Once they get back home they empty out the water bowl. 

I moved my small baby rams from a 10 to a 20 and my 2 plus week old discus babies from a 38 cube to a 60 wide.  Next time I take another batch of fish to the Ken and Twee I want to empty out and clean up my 125 because with all the fry I have (including the  Rainbow fry that showed up unexpectedly in the Hillstream Loach tank) I'll be needing more growout space.I

Ron, here's a pic of my Blue Based Snake Skin parents I told you about.  These are my own breeding for 3 generations now.  I don't like selling Discus larger that 2".  It's just too emotionally stressful for me.  I sell them between 1"and 2".  The little ones from this pair will be 1" in about 2 weeks.  I have another spawn from the same parents that are a 3 weeks younger.  As you can see the female has a beautiful spotted pattern.  The male has a better shape but the spots fade as they get down to his anal fin.

I'm just waiting for my water storage container to finish filling and I'll take a cool bath.  Have a pleasant evening everyone.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening everyone. I went on a road trip this morning to DC and I am just getting back home. What was a nice and smooth 1.5 hour trip going down took me over 3 hours to get back.

Everyone from that area was heading to the beaches (Ocean City and Rehoboth) and there was a 5 mile back up at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.  >:(

I now have to get Kobe straightened out and then do the fish. They all held the fort down while I was gone but I have to take care of them and I am exhausted.

Ron sorry that I missed your call. I was in a tight traffic situation at the time. I'll check in early tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.