• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:45:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

Monday starts a new week

Started by LizStreithorst, July 25, 2022, 12:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Poor Shawn spent 4 hrs. here working on my hot water heater yesterday.  He was able to get the burner assembly out, took it home and cleaned it so it looked brand new, put it back in and nothing....There is one more thing I want to check but not today.  Although I wasn't much help I wanted to be with him as he worked so I could understand how he did everything and why.  Toward the end, I was lying down flat on my back in the bathroom because my body said I had to.  I even had skip WC.
Since I missed my hour and a half lie down in bed between  2 and 4 yesterday and the Friday when he and April invited me for red snapper I an totally drained of energy today.

Charlotte was out of alfalfa pellets and my vape pen never showed up, I had to drive to Ellisville.  As soon as I feed the fish lunch I'm afraid I'm gonna have to get back in bed.  I need stronger drugs for sure.  I see the pain doctor on August

If the little thing I want to try on the hot water heater doesn't work I'll have to buy a new water heater.  Damn, I just got my credit card 0'd out.  When Shawn couldn't fix mine he googled around and found a tankless that would work well for me for just $599. plus $55. shipping.  It's from Northern Tool.  I can pay it off in 6 months but I'll be paying 18% interest.  I have no choice.  The Discus and Black Rams are still not breeding age which is when I can sell them for the best price.

Daddy Discus still has fry attached but the situation is still iffy because he isn't producing the amount of slime that he had for his own kids.  When I'd take the sponge out they'd attach to dad.  When I put the sponge back in the fry go to it because it's the darkest thing in the tank.  This morning I covered the sponge with a light colored nylon fabric so they have no choice but to eat from dad or die.

Time to feed the fishies and give Charlotte her alfalfa lunch.  Then I will lay flat on my back and expect to feel better tomorrow.  Be happy everyone.  In spite of everything, I am.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. Liz I am so sorry to hear about the water heater and your pain. Hopefully things start to get better for you soon.

Today is supposed to be the last day of this heat wave. It has been 8 days since it started. Thorms will come rolling through this evening and with them will come much cooler weather. It is July so the cool temps may not last long but we need a break.

I was able to restring my airlines yesterday and not only does it look better the airflow has increased significantly. I still need to do a little bit more work on them but nothing more than replacing some old airline that has stiffened up. That will probable increase flow even more.

Barb, I'm hoping that your are continuing to get better with each day. I'm sure that your are determined to get totally mobile again soon.

I should be on my way to eat some lunch but I finished off some ice cream a little while ago and I am not that hungry now. I need to focus on eating healthy again but this is what happens to me when I stay in the house for too many days in a row.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check back in later weather permitting.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, I am so sorry to hear about your water heater and pain Liz.  Makes me want to cry for you, I am having a bad day here, my operated leg is quite swollen and I am holding 10+ lbs of water, most in my right leg..  My home health care lady came today checked me out and said I am OK nothing to be worried about.  But I feel bad.  She said I am doing great for only 6 days post surgery.  I am following all instructions.  Did have a good  weekend with my daughter, SIL and their puppy visiting.  We had a good time and they did a lot of things around the house and yard for me.  It is still blazing hot outside, but I am inside where it is good and cool.  I will be back tomorrow my friends,
Barb

Ron Sower

It's good to see the 3 of you here today...welcome back Barb!...isn't it crazy to look down at your leg and see how swollen it is??!!...it freaked me out when I did that!...

I think water heaters as well as other appliances made these days are created with built in obsolescence ...my parents had an old Frigidaire refrigerator that lasted at least 50 years...amazing...I hope you can get yours working again Liz...you don't need all that physical pain and mental anguish...

Hey Willie, I need to reset my air tubing as well...I had them all organized and knew where each one went to from the short manifold, then I started adding more tanks and gang valves and they're going every which way! ;D ;D ;D ;D...might be a project for August!...

I probably took over 200 pics this week of the wedding events...you're welcome to visit my Facebook page to view them...this is the couple below...they're on their way to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico now...Nana (Miss Lucy) and Baba (that would be me) were really happy we could give them the trip thru our Hilton Grand Vacations membership...we'll be going there in September...we were supposed to go last March but postponed because of the rise in Covid crap and we were going to tell them what to expect...now they'll be telling us! :D

Ok, everyone...take care of your backs, hips and other joints we older folks are dealing with...we're going to be flying out in a few hours, arriving back at the Phoenix airport at midnight and probably will get home between 1 and 1:30am tomorrow...definitely don't expect an early post from me tomorrow!... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron, they are a great looking couple. That's a nice wedding gift you gave them I'm sure they are very happy.

As for airline tubing I was exactly in the same situation. Manifold laid out nice going into nicely laid out tanks and then the addition of more tanks and gang valves. huh

Barb, that swollen leg sounds scary but your attendant and Ron sound encouraging so I am happy to know that you are on schedule.

The rain that was supposed to come took a detour and missed me completely. It seems that the temps will drop a bit anyway but we could have used the rain. My grass is scorched. wfwf
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

They're a beautiful couple, Ron.  I wish them great happiness.

I felt like a different person after I got up from my rest.  I thought that I was in bed for about 45 minutes but when I looked at the clock it was 2 hrs later!  I must have really needed the rest.  But now that I've finished WC and fed Charlotte dinner I'm back in bed.  I'll be flat on my back tomorrow working on the water heater.  You're right about the appliances today, Ron but on the other hand those things used to be way more expensive back then than they are now.  Actually I've been lucky with the water heater.  The average life of them is 10 years and mine is 14. 

Good news from the fish room.  Since I covered the sponge the little babies are stuck to Wonder Dad like glue.  And guess what I saw as I was looking at the hillstream loach tank?  There was a little bitty hillstream baby in there.  They must be happy . 

Barb, I'm sorry you're miserable.  I can imagine what a shock it must have been to you and Ron to wake up to a huge leg.  The doctors should have told you to expect that.

I'll see y'all in the morning.  I'll post before I work on the water heater.  If what I try fails (chances are it will) I'll feel frustrated.  I don't want to post in a miserable mood again like I did today. 

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Thank you folks for the compliments!... |^|

Thought we were going to get to the Phoenix airport at midnight, but the connecting flight is an hour late!!! >:( >:( >:(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron