• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 01:01:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

Saturday Heat

Started by wsantia1, July 23, 2022, 10:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you all are doing well. It is just past 11 am and we are already at 91 degrees. The feels like temp is 97 degrees. Of course it will get hotter and who knows where the thermometer tops out. 

I have fishroom stuff to do so that will keep me busy and cool. I already watered my flowerbeds and some of my grass this morning so I will not need to go out at all except to take Kobe out to relieve himself and he can do that in the backyard.

Ron, Weather Underground has your temp at 57 degrees, is that correct? It sounds a little low to me but it also has your temp topping out in the mid 70s under sunny skies. I hope they are right.

Barb, hopefully you are feeling better by the day and today feels a little better than yesterday.

I'm going to get my butt in gear because I like to get things done early in the day. I get lazier the later in the day I start moving.

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi Willie!  Can you believe that it's still cool enough in the house that I haven't even had to turn on any AC's so far.  Yesterday we had wonderful rain all afternoon.  While I was at Shawn and April's it came down hard but by the time I came home it had stopped which is lucky because I was on my scooter.  We all in all we got a full inch of rain.

I missed my afternoon back rest on the bed yesterday because I was dealing with a flat tire.  That morning I was down on the floor messing with my hot water heater.  Today I'll be taking it easy.  I have nothing to do that can't wait until tomorrow.

I have a super cool Discus experiment going on.  I had a daddy Discus caring for his babies that were 2 weeks old.  The kids were doing great and chowing down on BBS and powdered food whenever I tossed it in.

At the same time my best quality pair who are baby eaters had wigglers on a cone in a pitcher with RO.  I PM'd my guru on Simply what to do.  Alas, he didn't get back to me for a couple of days.  The day before he got back to me I decided to move the good daddy to another tank with the pitcher full of wigglers which he said I shouldn't do.  But the deed had already been done.  This morning those wigglers went free swimming and I poured them in with  good dad.  He isn't as dark with slime as he was with his own kids but the new fry are eating from his sides and he has no interest in eating them.  I'm hoping that I have a Wonder Dad.

I will be doing no more breeding for a while now.  If this works out I'll be needing more grow out space.  I may have to remove a bunch of smaller tanks from a rack and replacing it with a 100 that's sitting out back.  Right now I have a huge spawn of Pitch Black Rams in a 100 that are very close to breeding age and a good spawn of Dutch Blue's in a 90 in addition to the Hillstream Loaches with Bloody Mary's and Mystery snails in a 60 wide.  I have a 100 planted full of worthless fish and 2 60 wide Albino Snot nurseries.  That's a lot!

I'm sure that Ron and Miss Lucy have their time devoted to the wedding.  I hope that Barb catches up on our past posts and knows how we have been thinking of her. 

Have a good day, my friends.  You know that I will.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi friends, I just finished reading all your posts from the last few days, thanks for thinking of me and wishing me well.  Hip replacement is a big deal with a huge incision. I haven't measured, but it looks 10-12 "
long, closed up with glue and mesh that looks like white window screen.  I can take showers everyday, just no baths.  I am walking around the house like a snail with my walker, using grabbers to get things, can't bend over for 6 weeks!  Just think what the weeds will look like in my gardens in 6 weeks!  I am getting in home PT, 3 times a week, first was my first day home,  and I have lots of exercises to do on my own several times a day.  I get up and walk hourly.

I spent 3 days and 2 nights in the hospital, where I got excellent care.  Extra time was needed due to a bad reaction from the narcotic pain pill I got 2 of.  Now I will only take Tylenol and ice packs, both hekp a lot.  My son was here to help me and he did great, spent 3 nights.  This weekend my daughter and son in law are here with their little dog.  They are taking me out for a drive later this afternoon.  I am able to get in and out of a car.  It is blazing hot here too, like most of the rest of the country.  This is August weather.

Glad to hear about all your fish successes, and plants for you Ron.  I may get back to cone making in the Fall.  I need to go take a nap now, I am not sleeping well at night yet so have to make up for that by taking a couple naps each day. see you all here tomorrow.
Barb