• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:14:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

Friday before Saturday

Started by Ron Sower, July 22, 2022, 10:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I knew it was to good to last!  :( ...grey and windy today  :( ...maybe it will blow off later this morning...weather app says it's gonna be mid 70s and cloudy today and tomorrow and back in the 80s Sunday...so instead of the beautiful sunny days we've been having, the wedding day tomorrow is cloudy and cooler...and it's an outdoor wedding!!!...oh well!!!...

Jen and I are heading out in a few minutes to get the rented refrigerated van for the flowers Lucy is arranging today...it will be a busy day...

I hope all of you are doing well...Barb, how are you coming along?...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

A refrigerated van for the flowers?  Man, this is gonna be one hell of a wedding!

In the middle of the night last night we had thunder, lightning, wind and then just a splat of rain.  It's pretty much soaked in now but it helped the flowers a little.  One thing that's nice is that it cooled it off a bit.  It won't get even to 90 today but of course the heat index is 97 and the with the rain we had the humidity is through the roof.  They say we have an excellent chance of thorms today but I've heard that line before so I take that with a large grain of salt.

My internet was down last night then up this morning at 7.  At 9 I it was down so I called the provider I get it from and they will put someone on it.  Of course after I hung up it was back on.  I don't guess anyone can figure the problem out unless it's back on.

Olivia is still a stupid chicken but we have worked out something that works for both of us.  The first time I kicked her out of the house she begged to have me let her back in.  I ignored her.  After she was out for the day, she discovered that she enjoyed it and only asked to come in to sleep at night.  I can deal with that.  She shits outside and most of the feathers she sheds are outside, too.  Since she's still molting she not giving me an egg.  When chickens molt they spend most of their energy making new feathers.  The mold shouldn't last too much longer, though.  Since Olivia spent so much time inside it seems that the fox has moved on to greener pastures.  I know she still might be eaten but I also refuse to spend my live picking up chicken shit and vacuuming up feathers.

It ocurred to me the other day that now that I only have one single chicken I could plant as many pretty flowers as I wanted.  The only problem is that my back can no longer handle the digging and mulching.  I suppose I could just rake an area to expose seeds to dirt and plant annuals here and there.

I'm looking forward to Barb posting again.  Yesterday on the phone she sounded great.

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Me again...

I had to ask Shawn to help me remove a plate from my water heater.  I didn't have the right tool.  We had a nice chat about politics which gets to be a bore because all we do is go around and circles, but we still like one another even though we have opposing views.  The cool thing is that they're going to be frying up some red snapper for dinner later and he asked me if I wanted to come up.  Red Snapper is my absolute favorite.  I can't wait.  Hell, I'll even miss a WC for Red Snapper  |eat|
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron, Liz and everyone. Barb I know it takes time but hopefully you are making small improvements daily. Another hot day here but today there are no Thorms in sight. I set up my sprinkler to go off at 7:30 tonight and it will run for an hour. It won't do much but it is better that nothing.

I am supposed to go to the club meeting in the park tomorrow and I was planning to bring some fish and shrimp for the auction but with the temp hitting triple digits that is a no go for me. I could put the fish and shrimp bagged up in a cooler but what if I go through all of that work and then risk having nobody show up to buy. I'll pass on  the meeting this time.

The baby Pitch Black Rams are starting to spar with each other a little bit so hopefully I may be able to sex them soon. They will be 60 days old on Sunday and are eating everything I throw into the tank these days. It will be time for another move soon.

Wishing you all are staying cool and having a great day. and Barb, hope to hear from you soon.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everybody, I am OK, been home from the hosp.30  hrs.  Good bit of pain but I can take it so far, with Tylenol and Ice packs.  this is a rough surgery and recovery.  Will read all I have missed here, maybe tomorrow,  and tell you more about what is going on.  I have lots of help tho.
Barb

wsantia1

It's great to hear from you Barb.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.