• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:54:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

Sunny hot dry Wednesday

Started by LizStreithorst, July 20, 2022, 02:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  I need another box fan.  We've been under a heat advisory for God knows how long.  My 2 little AC's do just fine usually but when it's hot as hell for so long and the house doesn't have time to cool off a bit in the night they really cannot keep the place cooler than what I can tolerate.   Thank goodness I deal with heat better than most folks.  I'm not good with the cold.

My Hillstream loaches came in.  I was very lucky.  Twee said that the ones the wholesaler sends are tiny little things but I got 6  good size ones.  They seem to be having a fun time in my 60 wide.  They aren't shy fish.  They explore everywhere.  I am content.  I bagged up a bunch of fish and took them to Twee and Ken.  Ken thinks he has a buyer for my Discus.  He said that there is a guy on the coast who has been nagging him for some good Discus.  If he is interested I have 4 more I want to sell.

It's embarrassing to say but I am totally tuckered out from the standing and bending I had to do netting the fish from their different tanks and the walking I did in the pet store and the supermarket next door to by tofu.  I see the pain doctor August 11th.  I will ask for stronger drugs.  My condition now has become unacceptable to me.  Other than my damned spine is so young but when your spine falls apart on you, you can't do much.  I swear to God I will kill myself before I have to go to a nursing home.  I've been to one, a good one, and I know that I don't want to be there.  Good drugs should help until I get to that point.

Barb should be home now.  I know that she has been given good pain drugs but still. her son had to leave at noon and she's all alone except for home health care.  Barb, I'm thinking of you.  A big surgery is hard on you when you're all alone.  At least she has good neighbors who want to help.

Thats it, folks.  Y'all be happy and stay healthy.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. It is hot as hell here too. I feel sorry for Kobe because he likes to go out and he really loves to ride to the park in the car but at his age and condition I won't even think of it. Later this evening when the sun starts setting I'll may take him for a ride but probably won't let him out of the car. huh

Liz I'm happy that you finally got the Hillstream Loaches. I love the way they look. Since you mentioned that they are of good size, hopefully you will have them happy and breeding for you soon.

I finally got the work done in the fishroom that I was supposed to get done yesterday. I woke up in a little funk yesterday and just couldn't get myself going. I'm feeling much better today and I actually did a good job cleaning up too. mim

Barb, hopefully you get to read this on your tablet. We are all having good wishes for you to have a speedy recovery so you can get back to your gardening, ferry rides and all of the other wonderful things you love to do. Wishing you a speedy recovery once again.

Ron hopefully things are going great for you in WA. I know it is much cooler than AZ. Enjoy yourself. |^|

Wishing you all a great day and try to stay cool in this heat.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

It was another nice day here in Tacoma... a couple picked us up and we went to a restaurant on the waterfront of the Peugeot Sound for lunch and visited for a couple hours there...we ate outside in the lovely weather ...

Got to Jen's  and enjoyed visiting with more family and friends coming over...finally got back to our host's home at11pm!...she was with us at Jen's...

Im so glad you got your hillstreams in, Liz...they're fun fish!...
Barb, I, along with the rest of the group, am wishing you good health, good drugs, and fast healing...
Willie, you're a good dude to take Kobe out for rides...

Tired and going to bed now...happy aquariuming, friends...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron