• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 03:35:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 225
Total: 225

Hot, Humid and Hazy Monday

Started by wsantia1, July 18, 2022, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's going to be a Triple H day here and the only relief will be the Thorms that roll thru this afternoon and this evening. Of course that will drive the humidity levels even higher.

I've got some fishroom work to do and I won't be doing much else.

Barb, wishing you the best with your surgery.

Ron, have a great trip to WA. You may even see some rain while you are up there.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It's hot here too, Willie.  Not a drop of rain either...Well that's not quite true.  When I drove to Bow Hog Farm with my box of rams to ship I got a drop here and there on my windshield.  I wish we'd have a good downpour.

I'm sure that we won't be hearing from Barb until she's back home and feeling up to chatting with us.  Barb doesn't handle pain well, or so she says.  Ron, I hope you keep posting while you're away.  Otherwise it will be just the 2 of us and with luck, Greg or Dennis.

I bought heat reflective film for my office windows yesterday.  I about went blind researching what brand will work well on double pane windows.  You can't just buy any old window film because the heat build up between the panes will cause the window to crack.  Except for decorative film which you can't see through the only brand that would work was Gila.  Of course it was the most expensive...But I had Amazon points built up because I have Amazon Prime and the Amazon credit card so I was able to get it and the kit for installing it for free  :)   It's just my two office windows that I'll do first.  They get strong sun from the west in the afternoon and evening.  Now that I'm not using central AC I could feel how much heat was coming through those windows.  The film is supposed to lessen the heat by 10 degrees!

I saw Shawn when I drove home from Boe's.  He'll be down to mow for me today or tomorrow.  He still has the last air conditioner to install in the bedroom so he can take his loaner, a portable one back home.  He wants in case of a hurricane and power outage.  I told him that I bought the film and asked if he could put it up for me.  He's never done it before but knows all about how to do it because he's watched a friend of his put window tint on car windows.  I've watched all the videos and read everything so I know how to do it, but Shawn is meticulous in his work.  I know me and how my projects always come out.  They work but are never perfect.  I'd end up with bubbles like you see in the cars that the owners have tinted the windows in themselves.

I have a box turtle laying her eggs right outside my side door.  It sure is slow going for box turtles.  It's taking the poor girl forever to dig her hole.

That's it for today.  Be happy everyone.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everyone, sorry i missed the last day or two.  Have been so busy getting my home, pets and gardens ready for post surgery.  I think I am all set now.  My surgery is about 9am Tues, tomorrow, have to be at the hosptial at 6:45.  My son comes in tonight to help me, and he will be here until 12 hrs after I get home.  I have neighbors and friends just waiting for me to ask for help, lol.  Liz I am trying to be brave and I have pain meds to take, which I certainly will.  This is my first medical issue to have without Bill by my side.  But I will be fine I know.  Will be back to let you all know how I am asap.  You all be good while I am gone.....
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi Barb, Liz, Willie....

We're in Tacoma now, and, Liz, I will try to post every day!...our flight was good with no excitement...it's good to see our daughter and son in law...we'll see our granddaughter on the other side of town tomorrow after she's off work...

Barb, I'm thinking about you and wishing you the best and wishing your surgeon and team the same...I hope you're not going to be in much pain for very long...

Liz, I really miss box turtles, Terrapene Carolina...we use to keep them as pets when I was a kid...I had a group of students on a field trip one and we came upon a female (egging parent!) and watched her dig the hole and lay eggs...you're right, it is a slow process...!

It is now tomorrow...so hope all slept well and catch ya here tomorrow!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron