• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:59:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

Bears vs Seahawks

Started by Mugwump, September 26, 2013, 03:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Bummer!  There goes our perfect season!  Thought we had it won there at the end.

Well, Jon, we're both in the same place we were last week at this time.  I'm still thinking about some great Chicago brats...!

On a side note...our granddaughter's fast pitch team won every game in this weekend's tournament. Finally she's playing with a top winning team. She broke a finger in the tournament 2 weeks ago, so coach is using her a pinch runner.  This little kid is fast and was the only one to score in one of the games yesterday.  She's 14 and wants to play in college.

Her broken finger and what happened to another girl on her team today remind us of how fragile our bodies can be. The last play of the game the other girl was running home, needed to slide, started into the slide too late and caught her heal on the edge of the base, and snapped the tibia right at the ankle.  It was a tri-plane fracture. It will take about 10 or more weeks to heal properly.  Whoa!!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Ouch, it goes to show that baseball can be pretty rough a sport too.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Yes...at those young ages they go all out...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Still in the same positions with our teams...!  Now I'm thinking about that 1/2 eaten deep dish Chicago pizza!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Seahawks pulled it out.....tough game.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Okay Mugs.... 8 & 1! Sloppy but still a win!  should have never been that close with the Bucs today.

What're your guys gonna do tomorrow night?

BTW...Thanks for putting  the swap photos up!

ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Sloppy...very...They almost got their butts whipped. They thought they had an easy win, then faced a 'hungry' team.....tsk, they should have lost, the way they played.

Bears vs Packers should be an interesting game. On paper, right now, the Packers are favored big time.....but this rivalry has seen many shockers...from both teams....NFC is a bruising division. Injuries are the major issue here this time out...
Jon

Ron Sower

Day pulled it out in a close one, Da Bears did!  (So did the Hawks!).  But anyway, Mugs, I'm thinking about ribs today!

''  ???...I guess that I could look into some Carson's ribs??......even 'Hawkeye Pierce' liked those  ;D  ''

Anything Hawkeye liked, I'll like!   I'm thinking ''yummy''.  And I hope they don't arrive half eaten!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

If you win, you can take your pick....

Jon

Ron Sower

I love this!  I literally LMAO on that menu!

I lived in Roanoke VA most of my life; and for part of it there was The Roadkill Cafe with a menu in the same line as this one!

Now I'm facing so many wonderful choices! I sure hope the Hawks hang in there for the rest of the season so I can choose!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels2

Well for those of you that haven't followed the SEA CHICKENS

Mugwump

Jon

P4Angels2

:-* :-*

had to post something!!! ;)

P4Angels2