• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 03:31:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

Chilly Monday

Started by wsantia1, April 22, 2024, 01:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It was a chilly 42 degrees this morning but the temps are climbing and we will get up to a high temp of 62 degrees later on today.

We are finally at the end of the flooring project with my installer finishing up the trimming today. While he has taken more time than I'd like, he has done a great job and going this route has saved me around 2.5K in dollars. I'll use that money to get some new furniture down the road.

The fish that I have left are all doing well but at this point in my life I will not be looking to get more or breed more fish. If the discus breed I will work with them but I'm not looking to intentionally breed them. Pretty soon I will begin to sell off the tanks and some equipment.

In the near future I will be looking to spend more time with my grandkids and great grandkids. They want me to "come home to NYC" but I refuse to live in that city again. I was born there and lived there for 48 years and one of the best things that I ever did was leave when I did.

Barb, Ron and Dennis it sounds like things are going well for you. Liz I hope things are good for you as well.

Wishing you all a great day

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, also chilly here today, and windy too.  Tonight is to be 39, which is very cold here this time of year.  I will need to move some potted plants back in from outside and cover up some others.  I sure hope it doesn't go lower. Will let you know tomorrow.  Good plan to downsize Willie and concentrate on what makes you most happy.  I am doing the same.  I am sure it is better to live where you are than go back to NYC, sounds like no fun there anymore.  My little city is safe and pleasant, hope it stays so.  A lot of people from up north are moving here though.  Have a good day you all!
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on April 22, 2024, 02:24:48 PMHi Willie, also chilly here today, and windy too.  Tonight is to be 39, which is very cold here this time of year.  I will need to move some potted plants back in from outside and cover up some others.  I sure hope it doesn't go lower. Will let you know tomorrow.  Good plan to downsize Willie and concentrate on what makes you most happy.  I am doing the same.  I am sure it is better to live where you are than go back to NYC, sounds like no fun there anymore.  My little city is safe and pleasant, hope it stays so.  A lot of people from up north are moving here though.  Have a good day you all!
Barb

Barb, a lot of folks from NYC and North Jersey are moving here too. I came here from Chicago where I lived for 8 years.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Another nice warm day here at 100 and sunny!

You guys are makingi me think I should downsize!!! But, nah! Not yet!😉

I spent a good part of the day getting squared away with the body shop and the lady that backed into me. I need to rent a car for 1-2 weeks when they get all the parts in to fix it. So I found that out after the lady had given the body shop her credit card info to pay the bill. Then I had to get her squared away to pay the rental bill. Either that or turn in a claim to her insurance company. She has agreed to pay the rental. None of the accident was my fault but I'm doing all the work!!!

Anyway, you guys all take care. |^|  |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron