• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:02:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 137
Total: 137

4th of July Monday

Started by wsantia1, July 04, 2022, 10:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Happy Holiday everyone. It is a beautiful sunny day with the temp currently at 82 degrees and topping out at 85F this afternoon. The great thing is that we have only 37% humidity in the air and that makes the 85 degrees feel perfect for this holiday.

I was out running around yesterday and never did get chance to post. today I am doing a little bit of fishroom work including setting up a 30G to move my Pitch Black Rams into. This is a temporary move until I can get a 75 ready as a grow out tank for them.

I will be going to my neighbor's house for a cookout this afternoon. I won't stay that long because I want to be home with Kobe before the fireworks start. We got a preview last night and it was pretty loud. Tonight will be louder. huh

Wishing you all a great holiday.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good 4th to you Willie.  It's hot humid and mostly cloudy.  We get a little splat of rain most days.  Sometimes not a drop .  But that little bit along with the high humidity has made the soil soft enough for me to pull most weeds.  I still can't pull the wire weed though.  That stuff is deep rooted and the stem is so tough that it will feel like wire in your hand when you try to pull it.  It's the worst weed I've ever delt with.  It doesn't even have the saving virtue of a pretty flower.

I ran to town to pick up some essentials.  Nicotine, beer, ice cream and soy sauce.  I watch my mileage like a hawk since I had my plugs changed.  My milage had gone down to 35.3 from 38 plus.  It has been creeping up but painfully slowly.  3000 miles have gone by since I had them change and I finally hit 38.1.  The mechanic said that they didn't need to be changed (I don't think he wanted to do it because most of his business is with domestic cars and trucks).  But now I feel vindicated.  I'm due for another oil change.  I can't wait to tell him and rub his nose in it.  It's OK the mechanic, BJ and I have known each other for many years.

#2 Discus pair's eggs are wiggling.  Number 1 pair's tank is almost blacked out.  I've think that perhaps the male hates me so much that when he sees me messing with the tank, feeding and doing WC it makes him frantic and he eats the kids  to prevent me from eating them.  This pair is an excellent quality pair but getting them to raise a spawn continues to be a trial and error thing.

The Black Ram babies are still scooting around the bottom of the pitcher.  They are smaller than Discus fry and take longer to get up and about.

I saw a post on Fishlore about Hillstream Loaches.  What a super cool fish!  Have any of you  had experience with them?  They would be a super cool fish to keep and breed if there is a market for them.

Barb and Ron, you doing anything fun today?  I bet that everyone is celebrating in some way except for me.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Happy July 4th my friends.  It is very hot and humid here today BUT last night from about 9-12 my neighborhood got 4" of rain!!!  Needed it so badly.  Now I won't have to water out there for awhile. I am so thankful.  Today I went to the cemetery with a nice bouquet of my garden flowers.  Liz. I put one stalk of your Glads into it and they just made the whole bouquet look so fancy.  Thanks again for the corms.  I am having my neighbor, widow lady, over for dinner, getting take out BBQ which she and I both like.  I have a good sweet watermelon for dessert.  Will be home to calm my cats while fireworks are going off for a couple hours tonight, in my neighborhood, which by the way are all illegal here.  Only sparklers and snakes are allowed.  But you should see what people find and buy.  You all have a good rest of your day!
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on July 04, 2022, 02:59:33 PM

Will be home to calm my cats while fireworks are going off for a couple hours tonight, in my neighborhood, which by the way are all illegal here.  Only sparklers and snakes are allowed.
Barb

Barb in Delaware fireworks are legal to a certain level on July 4th and December 31st. They are illegal any other time. People have already been lighting them up and will continue to use them until they run out.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 04, 2022, 01:22:19 PM
Good 4th to you Willie.  It's hot humid and mostly cloudy.  We get a little splat of rain most days.  Sometimes not a drop .  But that little bit along with the high humidity has made the soil soft enough for me to pull most weeds.  I still can't pull the wire weed though.  That stuff is deep rooted and the stem is so tough that it will feel like wire in your hand when you try to pull it.  It's the worst weed I've ever delt with.  It doesn't even have the saving virtue of a pretty flower.

I ran to town to pick up some essentials.  Nicotine, beer, ice cream and soy sauce.  I watch my mileage like a hawk since I had my plugs changed.  My milage had gone down to 35.3 from 38 plus.  It has been creeping up but painfully slowly.  3000 miles have gone by since I had them change and I finally hit 38.1.  The mechanic said that they didn't need to be changed (I don't think he wanted to do it because most of his business is with domestic cars and trucks).  But now I feel vindicated.  I'm due for another oil change.  I can't wait to tell him and rub his nose in it.  It's OK the mechanic, BJ and I have known each other for many years.

#2 Discus pair's eggs are wiggling.  Number 1 pair's tank is almost blacked out.  I've think that perhaps the male hates me so much that when he sees me messing with the tank, feeding and doing WC it makes him frantic and he eats the kids  to prevent me from eating them.  This pair is an excellent quality pair but getting them to raise a spawn continues to be a trial and error thing.

The Black Ram babies are still scooting around the bottom of the pitcher.  They are smaller than Discus fry and take longer to get up and about.

I saw a post on Fishlore about Hillstream Loaches.  What a super cool fish!  Have any of you  had experience with them?  They would be a super cool fish to keep and breed if there is a market for them.

Barb and Ron, you doing anything fun today?  I bet that everyone is celebrating in some way except for me.
..there is a good market for hillstream loaches here...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Happy 4th of July all you Muggers out there!!!...

Right now it's 102F with 20% RH and sunny...we'll be going to a dinner/dance at 4:30 this afternoon...then watch the fireworks from the lake area behind the clubhouse...

I've been doing WCs on my large plant holding tanks on the patio...there's a beautiful pink/purple Madagascar Lace Plant blooming...it has a double spike inflorescence....

Take care all...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, do you know how much their going for in your neck of the woods?  There's a guy on AB selling them for $20. each plus shipping.  That sounds fair considering the fact that they have so few babies at a time.
Always move forward. Never look back.