• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 03:53:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 144
Total: 144

Sunny hot Sunday

Started by Barb, July 03, 2022, 03:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Yes, it is sunny and hot, no wind.  A tropical storm is passing by my coastline, but none of it came 30 miles inland dang it.  I was waiting for some rain, but none.  I guess the folks up north are getting it instead.  I rode a short ferry boat today, across a 2 mi. wide river, then took a drive to the beach where I sat and watched water from a shady spot.  No walking on the beach for me with my bad leg, too risky I might fall and break something, 2 weeks before my surgery.  Now I need to go out and water plants, almost daily now. What are you all up to today?  Plans for tomorrow July 4th?  I am taking flowers to the cemetery, eating lunch out, then having a neighbor come over for dinner here on my patio.  May or may not go downtown to watch the huge firework display over the river.  Being in amongst many thousand people is not appealing though.
Barb

LizStreithorst

My best Discus pair has been going at it for 2 hrs.  The other Discus pair's eggs should start wiggling tomorrow.  The black ram kids will free swim either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Gotta get the feed in on my scooter now and feed the old nag  ;)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

It was a lazy day...just a touch of fishroom putzing...drove Miss Lucy to a shopping mall and I went on to a fellow's house to trade a couple Aponogetons for 8 neon tetras and a quarter body sized platinum angel...came home and did a WC on the discus/altums tank and topped off the rainbows...

We had pulled pork bbq on buns for dinner then went out for ice cream...right before dinner I had laid down to try to nap...an hour+ later I got up not having slept... :( :( :(. But the resting felt good...

Barb, I used to love to ride the ferries in eastern Virginia...I would feed the gulls from my hand...fun!...rode ferries a few times in the Seattle area  when I lived there too...no ferries here, but we've taken several rides on the "Dolly" at nearby Canyon Lake...in fact it's time for another one!...we see wild horses, bighorn mountain sheep, eagles and some great rock formations...

Our plans for tomorrow are low key...don't know what we'll do for the day but we're going to dinner/dance at the clubhouse and sit out there I pin the lawn or by the pool and watch the town's fireworks display...I feel for the doggies in the area that are frightened by all that noise...

I hope all of you are having a good sleep and have a great day celebrating our independence from the UK...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

I have Apistograma wrigglers...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Congrats on the wigglers, Ron!
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 04, 2022, 10:03:36 AM
Congrats Ron. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
I don't see them so far today...hope she just moved them...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron