• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 10:45:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117

Barb, About your Elephant Ear bulb

Started by LizStreithorst, July 02, 2022, 12:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

First I had a plan and then when I realized the size of the damn things I decided it won't work there.  Then I had another plan but decided it because I've not been able to get the fencing I need done.  I kept looking at that huge bulb and feeling guilty because it needed to be in the ground a long time ago.  Finally, when the time came that if it didn't get into dirt it would die the perfect place came to me.  Two or three weeks ago I stuck it along the ugly side of Charlotte's shed.  It will be excellent camouflage.  It will get nutrients from the horse poop as it sifts out the bottom board.  It will get water from drain off from the shed's roof when it rains.  When it doesn't rain it's close to where I fill Charlotte's water trough.  I have to dump it and every few days and fill it with clean water.  Since Charlotte can't chew and swallow the grass she eats a lot of it ends up in the water trough making the water gross.

The bulb has 5 sprouts with 2 leaves fully unfurled and the other 3 sprouts are trying to unfurled but aren't quite there.  Thank you for a perfect gift for the perfect place.  Thank the gods that I figured out where it could work before I killed your gift.  I'd have felt terrible.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Sounds like a perfect location!  Post a pic when it gets big.  In the fall when the leaves die back, put a good layer of some kind of mulch on top of it.  It will survive your winter and next year will be even bigger!

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.