• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 11:37:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 166
Total: 166

Saturday hello

Started by Barb, July 02, 2022, 06:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends, sorry I missed yesterday.  But I just read your posts. Liz your scooter is similar to mine!  When I set it up next, put all 4 parts together, I will take a pic to show you all.  I am glad you have it to scoot around on, I think they are quite fun to ride!  Bill used one for many years, even wore out the first one and we got a second one for him, which is mine now.  I love riding it.  It is easy for me to take apart to put in my car.  I did that the other day and rode around downtown and along the river for 2-3 miles.  It gets at least 4 miles to the battery charge. 

Willie your sandwich sounds wonderful, I would have ordered that too.  Sounds like a great time overlooking the bay, eating well.   Ron, have you tried Meloxicam?  It is what my ortho Dr, put me on for my hip pain, plus the Turmeric capsules, 2000 mg a day.  One Mel. a day.  They really help.  He said to take them instead of Tylenol or Ibuprofen.

I finally have a surgery date, July 19.  So only 17  more days to go.  My son is coming to take me to the hospital, stay with me there for the day and maybe one night, then bring me home.  He can leave then, I will be getting PT at home for 2 weeks, then start outpatient PT for 6 weeks.  The hospital is only 4 miles from my home.

You all have a good weekend and stay cool if you can.  It finally rained overnight, so the ground is damp, for awhile.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It warm and muggy at this moment and we are supposed to get Thorms this afternoon but we were supposed to get some yesterday and got nothing.

Barb I don't know about Ron but I take 15mg of Meloxicam daily. I don't know if it helps but it doesn't hurt. I also take the Tramadol which I know works for me. I am glad to hear they finally scheduled your surgery.

It's going to be a lazy day here with a little fishroom work and not much else. I was supposed to have the grandkids here this weekend but one of them is sick and they don't want to spread anything to me. We will try to get them down here at the end of the month.

Hopefully you all have a great day,

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning lady and gent and Ron later.

The dang rain didn't come for me either.  We got dark and threatening with gusty winds but just tiny little drips of rain.  Then it got hot again.  It pissed me off because I wanted to wash the bed sheets and hang them out.  Well, the weather report calls for thorms all this afternoon and evening.  My first load is hanging on the line already and the second is in the wash now.  Maybe that will make it rain.  My next trick will be to wash the Peamite.  The poor little lady needs a good bath badly.  I just haven't done it because the standing and reaching and bending are so darned hard on me.  But if my bed sheets don't bring rain I'll be washing the car tomorrow.

I have no must do's except for the normal stuff today.  I think I'll read my book all about termites while it's still cool enough to sit outside in the shade with an interesting book.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good afternoon, Muggernauts...!

I've been putzing in the fishroom this morning...working with some plants and changing the RO filters...if that doesn't bring the tds down a little more, I'll change the membrane filter...it reads 47 tds now...I also sent the info for our club meeting next week to the guy that composes the announcement I will post on our FB group page...

We're leaving in a few minutes to meet another couple to go see the new Elvis movie and go to dinner after that...

It's 101 now and humidity is 20%...yesterday was muggy at 104 and 34%...

The discus are spawning every 7-10 days, and now I'm pretty sure the SAEs are cleaning the eggs off Each  time...they're in thereto control the BBA...they do an excellent job of that...

Barb, thanks for the idea on Meloxicam...nsaids have always given me a lot of stomach pain....so I stay away from them if at all possible...nearly developed ulcers in my 30s taking Naproxin....not fun doubling over with pain in public, or anywhere else for that matter...!

I hope all of you are having a good day...I'm off to the movies...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ask your Dr about meloxicam, Ron.  It helps with the arthritis in my neck mostly.  It is an nsaid though.  It's like Ibuprofen on steroids.  I have a cast iron stomach.  Nothing bothers it.
Always move forward. Never look back.