• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 01:02:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 166
Total: 166

Welcome to Friday Eve

Started by LizStreithorst, June 30, 2022, 01:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good Thursday afternoon to all.

At Charlotte's dinner time I realized that I had neglected to bring in a new sack of feed for her earlier.  I'd just finished WC and my back was telling me to lie down for a while but I had to ignore it's orders because the horse had to be fed. Period.  Then I wondered if I could bring the sack in somehow on my scooter.  Turns out that if I flip the sack from the car to the seat of the scooter I could sit on top of the feed sack and get it inside that way.  All the necessary things are getting harder and harder for me so I was delighted to find an easier way to do a chore that I never look forward to.

I got WC done on the 125 in the office this morning.  The Rainbow fish in that tank are so beautiful with all their different colors.  Last week when I worked that tank I pulled up a huge Amazon Sword that was full of hair algae and tossed it on the compost heap.  I left the juvenal plant that it cloned.  I planted the baby of another Amazon Sword on the other end of the tank and moved a piece of driftwood covered in Anubis.  Finally I moved several handfuls of water lettuce from shrimp tanks to the 125.  It will provide shade and that will help keep the algae under control.

Earlier this afternoon the mail lady's van showed at my door with a big box of paper towels that I couldn't for the life of me remember having ordered!  It kind of spooked me, but even though I have 3 rolls left I knew that one always goes through a lot of paper towels eventually and hates to run out.  I opened the invoice to jog my memory of having ordered them.  They were a gift.  I told you yesterday about talking to my favorite customer about all the things that were terrible with both of us.  The big box of paper towels were a gift from that lovely lady and her husband.  The note says "to help you deal with all the chicken poop".  I'll will send her a hand written thank you note.  I will groom that lady's Scotty up until the time I have to go into a nursing hall.  I know that time is coming, but it's not here yet.

I've been thinking about selling all my Discus.  It will take me a long time to decide.  All my Discus are of my own breeding and grow into extremely large fish.  Although some are week in one area another is strong in that area.  None are show quality  all are excellent quality.  I actually know someone who would be interested.  It's actually a partnership between a couple of people who are big deals in the Discus world.  One is Cary Strong who Barb might remember from Simply, and a lady named Tammy whose last name I don't know.  The last time I sold a bunch of adult Discus Tammy called and said that she and Cary wanted them because of the strong blue base.  Their genetics would not be wasted if they went to Tammy and Cary.  On the other hand, not having Discus will be an emotional loss like not having chickens.  I've kept and bred Discus since 2001.

Well, the fish have had lunch, the horse has had lunch not it's time for me to make my own lunch.  I'm going to make an Asian recipe developed for eggplant except I'm going to use a large squash with the seeds removed.  It should work because the flavor of the 2 vegetables are similar.  I'll let you know how it works.  I enjoy an experiment in the kitchen.

I can't believe that I've written so much and it hasn't disappeared!  Have a happy Friday Eve friends.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz, great idea to use your scooter to help haul stuff, besides you of course. Those scooters can hold a lot of pounds!  Way more than just little you.  How nice to have all the paper towels as a gift.  A most unusual gift but well needed.    It is still hot as hell here, almost, and not a drop of rain. Did you get any?  If I don't go out and water my plants almost daily they would die.  And some have anyway.  I just love the beautiful yellow Glads, they don't mind the heat and drought.  I hate to say it, but what we need here is a good rain from a Hurricane or Tropical Storm,  just not the winds.

Yes I remember Cary from the Chicago show and have read and seen Tammy online.  I have changed my mind, if you have 6-8 half dollar sized good looking young discus, I will take them.  But they have to be shipped overnight, too risky any other way in this heat.  What do you think? 

Have a good day you all, and please send me some rain if you have any to spare.  Not you Ron, LOL.
Barb