• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 03:03:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

Hump afternoon

Started by LizStreithorst, June 29, 2022, 01:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hi friends.  It's been a decent day so far.  My fish customer is absolutely delighted with his  ram pairs.  Seeing his email first thing this morning set the day off right.  I went out earlier to get O2, beer and nicotine.  The nicotine brand I used to smoke is being discontinued.  The sales lady suggested I try JUUL.  I like it, thank goodness.  Also, thank goodness it's less expensive.

I splurged while I was out.  The place where I buy O2 is right next door to the Mexican tienda.  I haven't bought food out since I can remember but I broke down today and got 3 tacos al pastor.   Soooo good and a nice change from home cooking.

It's still hot and humid as the devil.  They promised thorms but they haven't shown up.  Surprisingly, when I drove to Laurel there were nice showers in Ellisville and harder rain in Laurel.  If they are wrong about me getting rain here today, I feel certain that we will get a good drenching tomorrow.  They say we will have thorms from 6 am until 5 pm.  Surely a couple of those will come this way.

That's it for me.  Everything else is same old same old.  Looking forward to finding out what you all have going on.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. It's 85 degrees here but it feels a lot hotter. That's probably because when I got out of the grocery store this morning I had a totally flat tire.

Since I have never used the spare tire or even taken the jack out of my truck I wasn't quite sure where everything was. Anyway I was lucky that I was down the street from a Mr. Tire and was able to slowly drive down there without ruining the tire.

They wanted to sell me a new tire but I had them just put the spare tire on. They wanted to charge me $150.00 for a new tire and I knew a place that would just fix the tire. I ended up spending $35 bucks for everything and the old tire is fine. When I got back in the house I was hot and exhausted so I took a nap and cooled off and now I feel fine.

Today I moved two male Rams back into the mixed Ram tank. They are both widowers. I failed to mention that I lost the mother to the spawn I am presently working with last week so the father was one of the males.  She was fine in the morning but was dead when I found her in the evening.  I had high hopes for her. Thankfully I should have some replacements for her soon enough.

Pretty soon I will be moving my Pitch Black fry into a 55 for grow out. That will probably happen any day now. There may be a incremental stop at 29 gallons first because I want to make sure they continue to eat well.

The Gold ones will move into a different 29 also. There are 38 gold ones and about 61 Pitch Black fry at this time. I actually counted the Gold ones when I separated them from the Pitch Blacks. The Pitch Blacks were left behind so that is a rough count.

I'll check back in later. Hopefully you are all having great days.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good afternoon Liz and Willie, you two sure have lots of Rams these days.  I would get some from you both if I wanted a new tank o'fish.  But not for now, just trying to take good care of what I have here.  Still no rain, even though there were very dark clouds for awhile today.  Not a drop.  I spent several hours working in my yard since it is cooler and cloudy today.  I work very slowly due to my hip, must be very careful out there.  Still no surgery date.  Hope I hear soon.   

Liz my Glads are so beautiful, just love that pale yellow.  I am so glad you sent me the glads!  Do you have lots of them, other colors?  These are my first to try.  Willie, sounds like your tire problem ended quite well.  Have a good rest of your daysm
Barb

wsantia1

Barb, with all of the construction out here I've had 5 or 6 flats since I've been here. >:(  Usually they start off as slow leaks but this time it just went flat.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Willie, I'm so awfully sorry about the loss of the mother of the spawn.  I have 2 extra proven adult females in a 100g planted community tank.  Fish are hell to catch in that tank but if you'll pay the shipping I'll catch and ship the fish.  My guess is the size box I'd use will cost around $35 to DE with  UPS Next Day Air Saver.

I have a new young pair spawning right now.  They started just before WC time and their still at it.  I feel sorry for dad.  He tries to swim away but after mom lays down a few runs of eggs she rustles him up and makes him do his pair.

Barb, I love that shade of yellow.  It looks like butter to me.  I'm afraid those are the only glads I have but if they keep making corms like they have been I'll have enough of these to give to every gardener in the country.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Thanks for the offer Liz.  |^| |^| |^| At the moment it looks like one of the males has found a mate so I'm going to go with what I have. I'm pretty confident that most of Pitch Black fry that I have will reach adulthood so I should be in good shape unless something catastrophic happens.  huh   
Willie