• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:37:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 143
Total: 144

Happy Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, June 28, 2022, 06:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. It's going to be a little cooler here today as the cold front that brought in yesterday's thorms cleared out the heat and the humidity when it left the area.

It is currently 63 degrees and we will top out at 80 this afternoon. It feels pretty good out there so far. Since Kobe can't go for long walks with me because of the heat I have to start the mornings off all by myself. When people see me alone they usually stop to ask me about him.

I still manage to get him out there in the evening but the walks are very short now. Hopefully we will be able to get out more in the Fall. :-\

Lots of fishroom work today starting with water changes. It's going to be a little rough because I got a lousy night of sleep but I have to fight through it because the next two days I will be busy outside of the house.

Thursday will be a big day as I have a yearly get together with ex co-workers at a place called the Jetty which is right next to the Chesapeake Bay. It's a great place with delicious seafood.

We will probably eat inside but if the weather is not too hot we'll eat outside. Gotta watch the seagulls though because they will steal your food. huh 

Check on you all later. Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie and the others later on.  All is well here, but I still don't have a surgery date yet.  I will call and ask if I don't hear from them by Thursday.  It is still very dry here, some are getting rain in NC but not here.  I am losing some of my flowers, just can't keep them well enough watered.  Liz, my Glads from you are blooming now, such a beautiful shade of yellow, I love them. I have 7 plants. So sorry you have lost most of your chickens.

If I was eating seafood at a good place and a seagull tried to steal it, that would be a big problem.  Let us know how it goes.  Guard that good food.  Ron I read about your plants, partying, etc.  Nice life you have for yourself! How fortunate you are to still have your mate.  Liz, Willie and I aren't so lucky. 

I did go see my kids and their mates, had a great time, ate Mexican food for lunch, and Cuban for dinner on Sunday.  Both were really good, authentic places too.  I stopped on my way home to visit a farm where a good friend lives.  It was a good weekend and Monday.  You all have a good evening,
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi Barb and Willie....and Liz when you jump on here!...

Today is been a so-so day...Miss Lucy has her class today and I've been following up on some banking changes I've made for my credit card payments because some payments didn't  go through... So I went to the bank found out that my bank statement doesn't show my entire credit card account number... It leaves off the last four digits... I guess that's another security thing... Anyway I got all that straightened out, I think!...

I  haven't done much with the fish today or plants and I'm thinking about going to the pool in a little bit and sitting in the sun and/or floating in the water... Or I might change my mind and clean up one of my 20 gallon tanks that I didn't get to in the last couple days... it's the last one, so I probably should go ahead and clean it up so I can see what's in there! ;D ;D ;D

I could go for some good seafood today...we found a place that we liked in Mesa, but over the last year they've changed some of the food we liked and doesn't seem as good :'(...we got good seafood in the Seattle area...thanks for whetting my appetite, Willie (I said sarcastically!)...and you didn't help me either, Barb ( also in sarcastic tone):D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm glad to say I'm doing better today.  My favorite customer called.  We love a good long chat.  I haven't heard her since she left to visit NC.  She told me about the feral cat that her crazy neighbor feeds, but does not have spayed, had her kittens under her shed and she got home to a house full of fleas.  Her poor scotty who is very allergic didn't have any hair left to speak of.  They had pest control out 3 times before they got rid of the fleas!  She told me how her son had a huge basil cell carcinoma removed from his face.  It went all the way up from the inside of his nose to the inside corner of his eye!!!!!  After waking up from the surgery he was told that his blood sugar was 399 and that he's diabetic.  Her grandson who lives about 25 minutes away twisted his knee seriously and will be in a cast until the end of July when he sees the doctor again.  I told her about the central AC, the fox and the chickens and having Olivia, who is molting shedding feathers and shitting all over the house and about my other stuff.   We ended up almost laughing because everything was so terrible.  We actually enjoyed our chat, though.

I saw the fox crossing the front yard yesterday as I was out feeding Charlotte dinner.  I haven't seen it today, though.  I made Olivia go outside with me but all she did was try to get back in.  At one point she saw her reflection in one of the glass panes in the front door.  It scared her until she figured out that it wasn't a fox.  I finally gave up and we both went back inside.  Later I gave her another tube worming.  She fought me when I picked her up and restrained more but I managed to wrangle her.

And finally, my fish customer just emailed that his fish had arrived save and sound. 

We had a little splat of rain yesterday evening.  We're always supposed to have big deal storms but it never amounts to diddle squat.  It might have helped the glowers and veggies just a tad but it sure ramped up the humidity a few more notches.  We were supposed to have storms again this afternoon but nothing ever materialized.  Now they're saying tomorrow.   We do have a tropical depression in the gulf.  Surely we'll get some rain from it.

Ron, even here, 90 miles from the gulf coast it's hard to find a good seafood meal.  There a couple of places but they're no longer within my price range.
Always move forward. Never look back.