• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 12:57:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,309
  • Total Topics: 18,528
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 112
Total: 112

Monday all day again

Started by LizStreithorst, June 27, 2022, 12:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I finally decided that I'd better check in to y'all know that I didn't decide to off myself in a fit of depression.  I have been kind of down, though which is why I haven't posted.

I've been doing all my normal stuff, feed store, grocery store, and animal care.  Nothing exciting happens.  The fox got every one of my hens except for Olivia who is afraid to go outside without me.  Poor thing.  I know that she's lonely.  I just saw her sitting in front of the oven door looking at her reflection in the glass.  It takes chickens a long time to figure out that the chicken in her reflection is not really another chicken.  Chickens are not known for their brain.

I shipped off 2 pairs of rams to a guy in NC earlier today.  The fish paid for the horse and dog food the other day and there is still money in their account left.  I ran out of O2 just as I was done filling the last bag with oxygen.  I'll have to run in to Laurel soon to get a new tankful

That it for me for now.  I hope that all of you are happy and doing well.  Willie,  you might want to tell your black ram story on FishLore  It's an All Fish forum but there are 2 other Black Ram aficionados there.  It would be great to have someone new and join us.  Barb, have you heard anything on when they'll do your surgery.  Ron, what's new with the plants and the club and your friends in the community?
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Liz and everyone. I've been pretty busy cleaning up the house for company that was  coming from NYC tomorrow. At the last minute granddaughter called me to push back the visit until the end of the month. Oh well, I guess I have a clean house all to myself.

We just got finished having Thorms roll though. It looks like we got maybe a couple of inches of rain with the temp dropping down into the high 70s. It's supposed to be cooler tomorrow but by the end of the week we will be in a heat wave.

I did finally separate the Gold Rams from the Pitch Blacks today and tomorrow I plan to move the Pitch Blacks into a 30 or 55 gallon tank. I'll decide which way to go overnight.

Hopefully you guys are all having a good day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi gang...my day was good...Miss Lucy went with a group of ladies from our community to pack up dry foods to ship overseas to starving children...someone Ukraine...I continued on my quest to do needed maintenance on some tanks while she was gone...

After writing a book to you yesterday and then losing it, I was really frustrated ...I will attempt to recaptured all that I wrote now...

Plant business - last week was slower than the one before... I have been working on creating ways to stock more plants in the tanks I have now... i'm using plastic shoeboxes that I get at Walmart or the dollar store, in which I put the substrate, then I put a single species of plant in the container... I said it in the tank and use masking tape on the front of the glass to identify the plant species with a Sharpie...In some cases I'm using shelf stackers so that I can have more surface space for the containers, thereby storing more plants... i'm also trying to use some type of metal/plastic shelf that I can hang on the back wall of a tank and then place the containers on them... In this process the tanks in which I have the substrate, STS, I am scooping it out and using that in the containers...

We are starting to get shrimp orders now, and it's working out nicely so far when we have my colleague/friend drop ship them for us... He and I order Buce together, With him placing the orders and I pick up my half or portion from him, which I did yesterday evening...

I'm finding that in our 100° temperatures and up, my outside tanks are staying in the 80s... I have small fans on two of them and the most recent one that I set up no fan nor filter at all... It is staying close to the same temperature as the other two which is kind of a surprise for me... I have my Viennese guppies in one of the outside tanks, and the Metallicus in another... by the end of the summer the Metallicus are probably gonna be a huge population, then I will see how they do in cooler weather...

Social events - Friday night we had a beach theme dinner dance at the clubhouse with a band that was average but enjoyable... There was a beachball on each table and and toy squirt guns... We went with a different couple this time and had more fun than we've had any of these events before... The ones we usually go with are kinda sticks in the mud... our table ended up starting squirt gun battles and bouncing beach balls in the air...the couple we went with joined right in on this with me until the activities director took up all the squirt guns...she was concerned about water on the floor causing someone to fall...a good reason I guess... I think Miss Lucy and I danced all but one of the slow dances, or as I call it sometimes, we groped to music!... we're going with the same couple this weekend to the July 4 dinner dance... And I'm actually looking forward to it again...

Tonight when we got home from the herb store, grocery store, and post office, we invited a couple over for drinks...she had a knee replaced 10 weeks ago, and is still hurting badly with it...she had the same surgeon as I but a different PT group...I need to go look up my daily log I kept to see what my pain level was at that point...her PT group has interns working with her and I don't think they are as good with her as mine were with me...much different in what they are telling her to do...

Aquarium Club - Will be having our ice cream social on July 10, as well as an auction and raffle... There will be no speaker... I think I'm going to have the board/counsel group meet and tell them that I need someone else to take over the swap preparation and planning... That will leave me with planning the meetings and making arrangements for speakers as my main responsibility as president...it has taken 4 years and the leadership group has things pretty well worked out...

Barb...please keep us up to date with your hip replacement date...
Willie...glad you and Kobi are improving... 3 of our council have Covid right now and are fatigued and coughing...and I'm really happy for you with your ram success...
Liz...I know it's tough losing your chickens...I will miss the stories about them if you don't replace them...and please don't do yourself in...we would miss you terribly...

Lucy and I are so fortunate to have each other to love and lean on and I'm thankful every day, even when she and I are at odds with each other...

I think I've caught you up with my activities for recent days that I missed being on here...

Goodnight to all...
PS: geesh...this is afreaking BOOK!!! :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron, thanks for catching us up on all of your endeavors. You certainly are having a ball. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.