• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:22:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 137
Total: 137

Good Morning Monday

Started by wsantia1, June 20, 2022, 07:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I was waiting to post yesterday and before I knew it the day passed me by. I spent the morning on Facetime with my daughter, granddaughter and great granddaughters (no male descendants) and afterwards I went to a BBQ. By the time I got home I was too tired to get online. I hope everyone had a good day.

Today the weather will be mostly a repeat of yesterday with cool temps in the morning while warming up to 80 degrees this afternoon. This is what typical weather in June is supposed to be like . Still not much rain for this time of year though. I am already watering my yard and that will probably be a daily event until the middle of August.

Today is going to be fishroom day for sure. I did do water changes on a few tanks yesterday but today  I have to hit the rest of them.

I better get started. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Here we are, AGAIN, at another Monday!!!... ;D. Is everybody present and accounted for?...

I'm going to install a "smart" thermostat today...I hope I'm smart enough to do it  ;)...

Saturday I went over to see the fellow that bred and raised my Spotted Congo Puffer to pick up a male...as of yesterday they seem to be getting along ok...fun to watch them circle each other, sizing things up between them...I have been fortunate...both of these $200+ Have been given to me...

While I was there he offered me any other fish he had in his fishroom...I didn't feel like I could take any now because I don't have adequate tanks prepared to keep them...

Our pork loin dinner at the clubhouse last night was totally delicious!...Our friend Barb is the major volunteer cook there and Lucy helps her with big meals like this one...we enjoyed the couples we sat with...

It's time to pay bills today...I truly dislike doing that! :-\

I hope everyone has a good day...

P.S....I just now realized my post from yesterday went on the Saturday thread...anyone catch that?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Willie and Ron, Happy Father's Day, a day late!  Seems you 2 both had a good day.  Hi Liz, glad you are enjoying your AC, I agree that it is one of the world's great inventions.  I couldn't live without it in summer here.  But today is a bit cooler and last night was almost cold, in the 50's, very rare this time of year.

I drove over 300 mi. yesterday to visit my kids , son in law, and son's GF.  It was real nice weather, light traffic, good meal for lunch, an all round great day.  And I do love to drive, spent about $45 for gas, good thing my car is small and has great mpg.  Gas here at WM is down to $4.37 last I looked.  Other places up to $4.69

Time for fish work, have a good eve!
Barb

LizStreithorst

DAMN!  That fox trotted across my front yard as though it owned the place.  I got up and looked for the hens and they were safe.  Then It crossed my dirt road from one pasture to the other one that leads down to the river.  It wasn't until I yelled at it that the dogs noticed the scent and took off in the same direction.  Thank goodness that Olivia is home with me shedding feathers everywhere.

Glad you had a nice day with family Willie and Barb.  Ron, best of luck with the new pair.  Willie, I wouldn't 86 the BBS too soon.  It's very good for any fish small enough to eat it.  Instead of crushed flake I'd suggest a powdered fry food or golden pearls.  But that's just how I do it.

I'm enjoying my fish so much more now that I can make it cool enough down there for me to be comfortable.  I snagged a Discus pair after feeding time yesterday evening.  I did WC around 11 and by feeding time at 4 I saw all sorts of flirting going on.  A beautiful young pair started laying.  Dad did his job both protecting his eggs from the larger Discus as well as covering the eggs.  I watched for an hour after the pair was done spawning as they protected their eggs from the hungry mob before I moved them to a breeding tank.  It's good for Discus.  It makes the parenting instinct stronger.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz I ordered some Golden Pearls from brine shrimp direct. Thanks
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 20, 2022, 04:57:08 PM
Liz I ordered some Golden Pearls from brine shrimp direct. Thanks
..when I need very fine food I put dry flake foods in in the Ninja and let it going until it's fine enough to feed the fry...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron