• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:30:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 139
Total: 140

Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, June 18, 2022, 12:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon Mug Clubbers.  I was so bad yesterday.  Except for normal animal chores all I did yesterday was enjoy being cool.  I'm doing better today.  At least I've got 3 loads of laundry hung out to dry and done the weekly WC on the 125.  Other than that I've just been scooting around picking blueberries and up the road to talk to Shawn.

I've got pairs of Rams separated but have seen no spawning activity yet.  It's time to choose a pair for myself and raise another batch.  Willie, I got an email from the guy I sold 3 pairs to.  Two pairs seem to be about to spawn but with the 3rd pair, the female turned out to be a suicidal manic like yours. 

That's about it for me today.  I never have much news to report any more.  My tough flowers are blooming but I'm sure they would bloom better if I gave them a drop of water.  I might just break down and put the sprinkler on them tomorrow.  We have no rain forecast for over a week, although in this heat you never know when a thorm might come out of nowhere.

Time to feed the fish lunch and prepare lunch for the horse who will get her lunch after I have my chicken livers with squash and onions.  Hope everyone has a nice weekend.  This will be a long weekend because Monday is a holiday.  It's when Juneteenth.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi Liz, et. al. later when you get here... :)

It's only 88F now and cloudy...clouds started moving in yesterday...we're getting into monsoon season now...our old neighborhood in Florence got a toad-strangler last night...I heard a little thunder in the distance late last night...may have been down there...

Nothing planned for today so I'll putz with my tanks...I got Hieu and his cousin to lift the last large tank I have outside onto the stand I'd cut down...even with it on such a short stand, I still can't reach to the bottom to work the plants...I will need to find some of those "risers" that are used to make it more efficient to stack plates in kitchen cabinets to put the plant containers on...

That's about all for now...I'll check in later to see who else has dropped in ...happy aquariuming folks!!! :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hey Liz, Ron and everyone else joining in. After 95 degree with humidity heat yesterday we topped out at a cloudy 72 degrees with up to 30 mph winds today. I even had a jacket on at times.

This weather made it easier for me to forego fishroom work and do some real yard work instead. Tomorrow will be catchup day in the fishroom.

I started crushed flake food on the Ram fry tank and as soon as they realized that there was no BBS on the menu they took to it. I looked forward to weaning then off of the BBS except as a treat.

That's it for me today. Have a great evening,
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi folks, not too much going on here. Just more heat and dryness.  I spend a lot of time watering to keep my flowers and veg. from dying.  Especially all my containers out there.  Even the huge pots dry out fast in the heat.  I did go with a group of club members to tour a beautiful home garden this morning.  Then to visit my mom.  She is failing mentally, very hard on me to see this happen, but she seems unphased by it, thank goodness.  Have a good rest of the weekend, I am traveling tomorrow.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on June 18, 2022, 08:29:54 PM
Hi folks, not too much going on here. Just more heat and dryness.  I spend a lot of time watering to keep my flowers and veg. from dying.  Especially all my containers out there.  Even the huge pots dry out fast in the heat.  I did go with a group of club members to tour a beautiful home garden this morning.  Then to visit my mom.  She is failing mentally, very hard on me to see this happen, but she seems unphased by it, thank goodness.  Have a good rest of the weekend, I am traveling tomorrow.
Barb
Barb...I remember my Mom's mental decline...my sister did make a good observation for me: she's happy in her own world...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Happy Father's Day, Willie, and the rest of you Dads out there!...

Going to be a good day here...got rain yesterday, but not a lot...91F now, breezy, and clouds clearing out...

Going to putz with the aquariums today...dinner at the clubhouse this evening...

Have a good day, all... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron