• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 20, 2024, 07:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 260
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 257
Total: 257

Stormy Thursday

Started by wsantia1, June 16, 2022, 06:07:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. We are finally getting that much need rain from a big thunderstorm that is presently pounding our area. We've had a bunch of teaser storms over the last couple of days but this one is the real deal.

I just came up from the fishroom and I can't believe how busy it is down there. After all of my issues hatching BBS a couple of weeks ago I am suddenly in a surplus situation. This means that I have frozen a bunch for emergency purposes and I am feeding everything in the fishroom BBS including my big fish.

Today is water change day and I have lots to do. Unfortunately my back has been aching a bit so I am not sure how much I will be able to accomplish. Luckily for me I have an appointment for another back shot next week. The last shot I had lasted me 4 months. Hopefully the next one take me into next year.

Time to get busy so I wish you all a great day and I'll check on you all later on.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi Willie.  I'm sorry about your pain but good you get to have another shot.  I wish the damn things worked for me but they didn't.  And big corgrats on the rain.  It's still bone dry here and not a drop forecast for the foreseeable future.  I'll water the veggies for several hours tomorrow morning.

Barb, my big tomato pest is stink bugs and another sucking but flying insect.  Felder said that they were tough as nails and even sevin wouldn't touch them.  I've been picking them off and dropping them in soapy water but Felder said that Pyrethrin spray would knock them back pretty hard.  I'll use it late in the evening so I don't hurt any beneficial stuff.

Shawn is home and came down mowing this morning.  I "scooted" out to him and held him up tell him that I needed his window units ASAP.  We talked about room size and BTU ratings.  He thinks that his are 6000 BTU's  He thinks that 2 will do the trick.  I'm pretty sure that I'll need all three.  He thinks that 2 will do the trick so I'll try getting by with just 2 first.  The price he is asking is more than fair.  He knows that he will be installing them for free.

I never thought that Shawn had a kind heart.  he's a big former line backer.  But when I told him that I hated to be in this position but there was nothing I could do about it.  He said that what he wanted was to continue Jack's legacy and Jack's largest desire was to help people.  I almost started to cry.

I never got my fish moved yesterday.  After I typed to y'all it was lunch time.  After lunch is was oppressively hot in the house and even worse when I entered the fish room.  I had to get away from the heat and go to the bedroom.  I dozed until WC time.  When I came in the house it was like walking into an oven.  I did a good WC on the tanks that needed it, but I didn't move any fish.  I did all that fish work this this morning it was still fairly cool.  The whole job lasted over 2 hrs.  Of course I still have my normal WC to do later this afternoon.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

...And on the 8 day God said, Let Liz be cool and she was cool.  Shawn came over just as I was finishing up WC with his window units.  I didn't think for a minute that just 2 of those little bitty things would cool the majority of the house butt they appear to be doing the job.  When I opened the door to the fish room to finish up I could feel the cool air coming down.  These tiny little units can cool an area that used to take a big one. 

I bought all three of them.  We decided that I should see how the 2 do in the heat of the afternoon tomorrow.  If the big area needs another he'll put it in and let me keep his lovely little portable machine for the bedroom.  If not, I'll put the last of the 3 units in the bedroom and I can give him back his portable machine.  I know he would prefer to keep that one handy for emergency.  It can be moved from room to room easily.  Now that I'm cool I'm much more content with life.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Thankfully you have your ACs working Liz.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron