• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:10:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 117
Total: 118

Happy Hump Day

Started by Barb, June 15, 2022, 06:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends, at 7am it is getting hot already, but not hot like Ron has.  Just humid hot here.  It was forcasted to storm late yesterday but not a thing happened.  We need rain here, like so many other places.  Liz is it dry down in MS and I know Willie needs rain.   But I am getting a lot of zucchini and a few more days will have eggplant to harvest.  Tomatoes are growing well, despite the hornworms.  Japanese beetles are trying to eat everything, I pick off hundreds a day and drop in a bucket of soapy water.  I don't want to spray insecticide, with my pond and not wanting to kill good insects.

Hope  you all have a good day!
BArb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It is already 80 degrees with plenty of sunshine and temp is headed for a high of 85F this afternoon.

Liz I haven't seen the Japanese beetles yet but I'm sure I will see them soon because we always have plenty of them.

I'll definitely be watering my outdoor plants this morning. We have gotten very little rain so far this year so it is hard on the plants and grass. I had to cancel the grass cutting again today so that will make it two weeks in a row. I've never done that since I've been here.

Some of my neighbors have sprinkler systems and even their grass looks rugged.

I can't believe that I started this message 2 hours ago, forgot to hit send and it's still here.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Way to go, Willie!...wish I could say honestly that I've never done that, but I can't... ;D ;D ;D

8:45am and it's 88F...high should be about 104F today...blue skies...water in those outdoor aquaria of mine sure does evaporate fast now!!!...  :(

I did a WC in the discus/Altum tank last night...used the old water to pour on our potted cacti out front...I've been doing that some lately because I don't have our irrigation system turned on...I've thought about drilling a whole through the outside wall in the fishroom and running the drain hose out on that side out the house where we also have cacti...but I don't want critters coming in through it...

Well, today is shipping day...we'll be picking and bagging later today...

Japanese beetles were always there every summer while I was living back there most of my life...we used to drop them into jars of heating oil from the tank that supplied our in floor furnace...but there are none here in the Sonoran Desert...the ground is probably too sandy and dry for the grubs to survive...we used to have fun sticking broom straws into the grubs' holes in the ground and when they'd snap their jaws shut on the straw we'd pull them up and out of their holes...any of you ever do that?...

Time to get my day rolling...you folks have a wonderful day and happy aquariuming!!! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Dang, I seem to be the late Liz Streithorst today!  Everyone beat me here today, even the normally late Ron Sower.

I took my last shipment of the week to Boe Hog Farm earlier this morning.  Today I'll be spending time in the fish room.  I need to clean the 10 gallon holding tanks and catching pairs to put in.  I'll put more auctions up on AB and with luck I'll be shipping out more pairs next week.  The Dutch Blues are ready to be moved to the 90.  If it doesn't get too hot down there I'll do that as well.

Shawn will be getting in this evening.  I'll let him know that I need to buy his AC's.  I'll let him relax Thursday if he needs to but I will insist that he comes with the AC's an install them Friday.  I would install th.em myself but I can no longer allow myself to lift anything over 20 lbs,  Lifting and carrying is out of the question.

Barb, it's dry here, too.  I watered the veggies yesterday morning for a couple of hours.  They say we may have some scattered  thorms tomorrow.  I sure hope they all scatter to my place.

I have never had to deal with Japanese beetles down here.  I don't think we had them when I lived in NJ either.  When I lived in Maryland they were on everything.  They're such a pretty beetle but they are eating machines.

Always move forward. Never look back.