• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:17:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 159
Total: 159

Rainy Tuesday to Start

Started by wsantia1, June 14, 2022, 05:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I'm waiting on rain to move through here shortly. We really need it because it's been very hot and dry here lately. For some reason the lack of rain has not helped with the humidity levels but that probably because we are so close to the ocean.

Not much on the agenda here but I need to move some fish around and I have to set up the tanks where I am going to move them.

My Endlers need to be moved first. Compared to my Guppies my Endlers are way hardier. I can't remember the last time I lost one of them and as a result their population boomed I need a larger tank for them.

Luckily for me I have a few tanks running that are very lightly stocked and I can consolidate the fish in those tanks. We'll see how that goes.

What's on your agenda today? Whatever it is hopefully you all have great time doing it.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Am I the only here experiences problem with the forum?

Willie, I'm not having a great day but it's a good day.  I got my bagging and packing and ran them up to Boe's early when it was still coolish.  Doing things early before the heat kicks in is the way to go.  I have another box to send out tomorrow, then nothing more until I separate pairs.  I have around 7 more pairs to separate.  My juvies are growing fast but I know I'll have a dry spell.

It's a wonderful thing to have tanks running where you can move fish.  I have an empty 90 a couple of 39's and 60 wide as well as some 10 that I can move Ram pairs into.  I need to move my Dutch Blue's to the 90 soon.  I hope that they sell well enough to make having bred them and grown them out worth it.  The German's and Dutch don't sell that well despite the fact that they are the most beautiful.  Folks are all hot for the Pitch Blacks because they are harder to come by, I guess.  Personally, I don't see the attraction of solid black fish, but if I can breed them and they will help pay the cost of running the fish room they are the fish for me.

If I could have any fish I wanted it would be the fresh water Ray's.  The Moroto's are smaller but they still grow too big for any tank that I have.  T they are very beautiful.  The way they moves makes me want to dance with them.  (no kidding  I danced with the first ones I saw)..They are live breeders.  They make 2 kids and the kids are called "pups" 

Those I can only dream about.  I do what I can do which is crank out the Pitch Black Rams and keep beating my head against the wall with Discus.

Barb, I'm in love with your pond.  How are the koi handling the heat?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz.  Still very hot here but today is cloudy so it seems a bit better.  A storm is on the way, hope for more rain.Willie, what kind of Endlers do you have?  Mine are all Lime Green.  They are so pretty, to my eyes at least.  Liz I like the rays too, but have always thought they belong only in rivers or saltwater ones in the ocean.  My 1 Koi, and 5 goldfish don't seem to mind the warm water.  The deep area is about 3' so the water down there stays cooler.  And I have plenty of aeration with the waterfall and 2 pumps.  For a small pond it takes a lot of power with the 2 pumps and 1 UV light.  I had PT this morning followed by one hr. of Tai Chi which I take once a month at the library.  Going out for dinner tonight.  You all have a good night!
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi Barb, Willie, Liz and others who may join in...

We went to a meeting this morning at the clubhouse with the sheriff who spoke on home security...picked up a few pointers...one a had not thought about was keep your key fob by your bed at night and if someone is trying to break in, hit the "panic" button for deterrence...

We're going to a surprise b-day party for a friend this afternoon...should be fun...

That's all I got today...

Stay cool, safe and happy! :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron